• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you collect, play or both?

Do you collect, play or both?

• Total voters

Bananarama

The light is coming
Do you play with your cards, or do you only collect? Or do you do both?

Personally, I'm only a collector. I used to play, but I haven't made a deck in years.

I only collect them for the art. But it's worth it since the art is stunning. Also the EX/GX cards are so shiny and look especially nice :D

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Want to play but no one else does in my real life friends.

My GX cards are sweet though.

LadyRinsun

IcyFluffTrainer
I collect, definately! Recently got my first booster box ever, finally!

[video=youtube;yLZbsX7sJRA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLZbsX7sJRA[/video]

So happy with it! To those interested: there's a little giveaway too for some TCG Online code cards :3

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I only collected the cards for their art hee hee. This might sound embarrassing, but I've never learned how to play the Pokemon TCG. My friends always tried to teach me, but I couldn't grasp the concepts. ^^;

Leonhart

Imagineer
I used to play the trading card game, although these days I just collect some of the cards. I have a lot of Japanese cards from the Neo era and several English cards that could be scanned with the e-Reader. I've been meaning to get rid of those, however.

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
I really only collect, and I don't think I've collected since BW. Actually, my last bought cards were the DragonSpeed and DragonSnarl Decks. I don't play often, but I build decks with my younger brother and battle sometimes. I remember that I have some old cards though, that I never used but kept safe, like Erika's Jigglypuff, a Holo-foil promotion Pachirisu, and a Sableye. Other stuff too.

When it comes to the Pokemon cards I was collector of them from the late 90s to 2003. Course even though I stopped collecting new ones, I still kept all my Pokemon cards. I think my first cards were most likely from the Base Set. Course I might be mistaken on that.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Both, though I mostly just play online. I have a physical deck, but I've only actually played it against my sister, because, well, I'm introverted and have a hard time asking people to play against me even when I am at the local comic book store where they have weekly Pokémon leagues... Still, I buy new cards pretty much every time I go there, and there are several cards I want not for their actual viability but just because... I don't have them, and in some cases they might be of Pokémon I just like. Like how last week, I traded away some rare cards I didn't care all that much about to get a BREAKpoint Gyarados-EX secret print and a BREAKpoint Togekiss-EX. Did I want those cards to use in my deck? No, (though Togekiss might get used anyway) it's just that Gyarados is my favorite Pokémon and Togekiss isn't that far behind.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I do both, but building a deck takes a lot of time and money. So it's rare that I have more than 1 deck at a time, and once my deck goes out of rotation I have to struggle to find something else to run.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I've collected them throughout the years, never got around playing the actual game. The whole energy system kind of turned me off to be honest. I believe the most valuable cards I have ATM are the Mew Fossil and the 4Ever Suicune and Celebi.

RobertoGD

Definitely both. Player and collector.
But most of my play time is in Pokemon TCG Online. Finally neet to move and find people to play with them :)
Recently I start unboxing for each box I'm getting and trying to make it better.
Anyone fancy to play Pokemon TCG online?

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I've recently got back into collecting, and I've only now started playing this week, its all started because the school I work at, I'm constantly seeing kids with the cards and trading, which is lovely, but some of them are doing unfair trades (like 6 cards for one legendary card) and then they're getting upset about losing so many of their favourite cards. So I have decided to start a Pokemon club to teach the kids how to play since it all comes down to maths, so I've had to teach myself how to play because I always remember it being difficult as a child. The club is due to start Wednesday and the uptake for it is huge, its our biggest club we've had and I'm running it all on my own. But I'm pretty excited, I think the kids think its nice to have a teacher with an interest of theirs.

That said, I've dug out my old cards and spent 130 this week on buying new cards.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Right now I only collect, mostly old foil cards that I purchase off of ebay. I have all 151 original Pokemon in card form.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I only collect. I couldn't care less about a card's competitive value. The artwork on the cards is really nice and I love to look at them.

I usually like to get a few tins and more rarely collection boxes. I'll sometimes buy boosters for the fun of it too.

Daizy

I call you honey
I have so many cards myself including the E-Reader series of cards and I have a completed set of Neo Genesis cards.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
i recently started to buy legit cards. years ago i couldnt afford them xD

i play and collect, but mostly collect. im not good at battles yet, plus i only have my sis to play with me and she isn't good as well since we both started learning haha

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
I collect and play. The biggest event I've been to is Regionals (for me at Manchester)but I hope to go further. I like decks that don't rely solely on power such a mill or item/supporter withdraw.

My collection spans thousands of cards, some worth a lot of money, but I tend to try to mix with the TCG

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
i only collect. looked into playing again, but i don't really care to have to start buying new cards. have a decent amount of cards from base set through gym challenge, mixed japanese & english. then some random assortments of rse era cards through early bw era. have bought maybe like 5-10 recent english booster packs?
i've also bought a box each of 'best of xy' and 'shining legends', resulting in the best pulls of a shining mew and a full art SR foil hex maniac respectively.

sort of concerned about the legitimacy of some of the older cards, but i'm not really sure the best way to go about checking them (have got a few hundred).

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Was both through most of Black/White and X/Y, but I can't keep up with the full arts anymore. They've gone way out of control with the number of full arts per set since XY. I had every full art from every Black/White and XY set, but I officially decided to stop collecting full arts and actually sold a few out of my binder a couple weeks ago. My friend has dibs on a page or two of them (mostly supporters) that he is buying whenever he has extra money, and the rest will be on eBay whenever I get around to listing them. Focusing on 2 or 3 decks and not worrying about keeping up a collection anymore.