• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you consider the Alola league to be a “ real league? “

Legitimate league or no?

• Yes

Votes: 44 58.7%
  • No

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 7 9.3%

• Total voters

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Whether you guys consider the league as good or bad, none of it matters in the end. It's a real league if the writers says so.

shoz999

Just because its a real league doesn't mean we can't say it good or bad.
I know, I'm saying it just doesn't matter from this perspective.

To clarify, "doesn't matter" does not equal "you can't say it's good or bad".

I know, I'm saying it just doesn't matter from this perspective.

To clarify, "doesn't matter" does not equal "you can't say it's good or bad".

Note the specific wording in my post in which I stated what exactly a " real league " is constituted as in my opinion when I used it as a frame of reference when comparing the Alola League. I am fully aware what the writers have deemed this slipshod of a tournament as.

shoz999

Note the specific wording in my post in which I stated what exactly a " real league " is constituted as in my opinion when I used it as a frame of reference when comparing the Alola League
Not sure what your saying. The way I see it, your arguing for your headcanon, your personal belief, if it's a legitimate league or not based on how questionable the requirements are, comparing it to previous leagues. I'm arguing if it's a legitimate league based on what the writer's are going for, that previous leagues don't really matter much but from the looks of it, your saying this isn't what the thread is focusing on so am I to assume your saying that the thread is focusing on whether fans think this is a good league or not, not the legitimacy of the league? Your going to have to clarify.

Not sure what your saying. The way I see it, your arguing for your headcanon, your personal belief, if it's a legitimate league or not based on how questionable the requirements are, comparing it to previous leagues. I'm arguing if it's a legitimate league based on what the writer's are going for, that previous leagues don't really matter much but from the looks of it, your saying this isn't what the thread is focusing on so am I to assume that your saying whether fans or not think this is a good league or not, not the legitimacy of the league? Your going to have to clarify.

I specifically state in the post that it's a comparison with past leagues. Can the Alola League really be put in the same set of " leagues " when it different in key areas, areas which past leagues shared?

As I said, I'm fully aware that this is a " real league " insofar the writers deem it to be. That wasn't the point of the thread

My belief is not a personal headcanon, but is based on actual facts shown in leagues of past in the show

shoz999

I specifically state in the post that it's a comparison with past leagues. Can the Alola League really be put in the same set of " leagues " when it different in key areas, areas which past leagues shared?

As I said, I'm fully aware that this is a " real league " insofar the writers deem it to be.

This is not a personal headcanon, but actual facts based on the events in the show
I see now. Your not asking for legitimacy. Your asking how the league was handled, the execution of it all, can stand on equal ground to the other league's in terms of quality. Not gonna lie but it seems like other people didn't quite get that message too lol, you might want to rephrase your first comment. If your asking for sheer quality then, in my opinion, it's certainly not a great league. It's okay, it is a fun league with it's moments but there's no denying that there are problems with it and that it failed to adapt the very first Pokemon League of the SMUSUM games. Many fans loved how the first Pokemon League was handled in the games and alas, that same love has not appeared for the anime until the very last second when Ash became Pokemon Champion.