• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DO you dislike wealthy folk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny White

I have some friends who say they only like rich people that don't brag about having money.....

...and I've never met a rich person who wasn't proud of their acomplishments. Lol. I don't understand how people expect others not to be proud of themselves

I also don't understand why people hate on others for being born into wealth. Chances are, you were also born into a family that knows how to make money, so when born into wealth you're going to be [/i]raised as a child[/i] knowing how to make money.

Discuss your thoughts on what I've just said please

Arvis

i don't dislike them for being wealthy.
i only dislike them if they are snobbish,rude, and if they think they are better than everyone else.

Vinny White

Ok some good replies in this thread....because this is my house and I've gotten a lot of hate on other forums.

I agree with posters such as Goth and Jon17 because I think you should treat everyone as individuals

Skydra

I don't have a disposition to dislike the wealthy. If I happen to dislike a wealthy person, it is not because they are wealthy or affluent, but because of any traits they have, which may or may not be a result of being wealthy.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
While I have not met a wealthy person, I have nothing against the rich folk (though I can't stand celebrities majority of the time, but their wealth has nothing to do with it). I understand that it's the wealthy businessmen who signs the paychecks. No one will work for a poor man. People who have a dislike for rich people either had bad experiences with rich children, or they were raised/taught to hate the rich people because "businesses are evil". That's why the whole Occupy Wall Street dilemma was so ridiculous.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Anyone ever read the Great Gatsby?

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I don't think it's right to form an opinion on anyone until you get to know them properly. You shouldn't judge anyone based on their success, appearances or any factors other than personality. If you do then maybe the problem lies with you.

Flame Mistress

No, mainly because I'm technically one of the wealthier folk myself and some of my friends are from wealthy families, since I go to a private school. I do hate people who think the world revolves around them and that they can evade taxes just because they're rich, though *cough*gangnampeople*cough*.

Vinny White

No, mainly because I'm technically one of the wealthier folk myself and some of my friends are from wealthy families, since I go to a private school. I do hate people who think the world revolves around them and that they can evade taxes just because they're rich, though *cough*gangnampeople*cough*.

Nice!! We are in the same boat Flame mistress. I also go to private school.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I don't have a problem with certain upper-class folk, I just dislike those who brag and shove their accomplishments down people's throats (along with some politics). Though I have met a few rich people in my neighborhood, and I find them easy to get along with. Overall, rich people are mixed bag of personalities. And the same goes with the rest of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.