• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DO you dislike wealthy folk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
Ok some good replies in this thread....because this is my house and I've gotten a lot of hate on other forums.

I have no idea who you are, but it looks like to me you are searching for someone to justify your wealth, justify that is okay that you are wealthy. Now I am not condoning this guy saying you should get the death penalty, but when your reply is that the electric chair would be lined with diamonds? Come on kiddo.

Like many other people, I do not dislike wealthy people. What I do dislike is the type of opportunities they are afforded simply because money brings influence and power. Because mommy and daddy are person A or person B, instant ticket to Princeton, instant six figure job etc etc etc.
What I further dislike is the amount of attention given to wealthy people by media outlets like TMZ, E! and the Bravo Channel. Let's have a bunch of rich white women get together on a show and complain about how the silverware doesn't match the napkin art for their dog's baptism after-party. I don't care what people say ultimately their goal is to have money,whether that be filthy rich, have enough to live comfortably or to just make sure the lights stay on. Money creates power, influence and notoriety and the more you have of it, the more of those you have.

Zwei

It's never a Dream
No, only if they brag about it.

Spudnugget1

who wants to sing
I don't dislike them unless they're complete jerks about it. I have a couple of clients (Who are quite good friends, actually) who are very wealthy. They pay me and everything, but the only problem I have with all that is when they tell me all about the million dollar real-estate they bought two states over, and then proceed on to tell me how they can't pay twenty dollars for a service they could be paying fifty or more for at a different provider.

It's great being wealthy, but it's not great being cheap, is what I'm getting at.

eryyy

Ace Trainer
Nope. I only dislike the ones who brag about having a good amount of money and haven't had to work a day in their

Ryubane

Why yes, it exists
Sounds like this should belong in the Debate forum, IMO.

rich =/= assholery. if they're a douche and their justification is "I'm rich so begone from me, peasant" then yeah, i automatically have to dislike them. but i've never actually met any rich/wealthy people who act that way, so my bourgeois pride remains intact.

TruthWHIP

Banned
Yes **** them they should give me all their money. losers

John Madden

resident policy guy
this might be one of the dumbest threads i've ever read on this forum

and considering how many posts of mine are in the "debate forum", that's speaking volumes.

e: holy christ that was before i read past post 10

While I have not met a wealthy person, I have nothing against the rich folk (though I can't stand celebrities majority of the time, but their wealth has nothing to do with it). I understand that it's the wealthy businessmen who signs the paychecks. No one will work for a poor man. People who have a dislike for rich people either had bad experiences with rich children, or they were raised/taught to hate the rich people because "businesses are evil". That's why the whole Occupy Wall Street dilemma was so ridiculous.

I honestly don't mind them. Like I said in a different thread, nothing bothers me unless it is deliberate.

I don't think they should be taxed more. They or their relatives worked for wealth, like everyone else does, and they achieved it. Unless they won the lottory or robbed a bank; if that is the case, they should be considered as lucky or should be put in jail, respectively. Think about it, if you won the lottory, would you want your taxes to be increased?

My family is quite wealthy already. I don't care about money really. Its how you carry on about yourself is how you should be judged on.

Oh and this thread is stupid honestly. for real. Money shouldn't be something on how you decide someone. There are some really snobby, bratty and overall shitty dirt poor folks out there but we assume as a society that the dirt poor deserve respect because well, they are living shitty. Honestly I have more respect for the snobby rich person because hell, at least they are going out and EARNING their dollar instead of sitting on their *** reaping unemployment benefits for months on end.
those dang liberals

I don't hate weathly people. It really just depends on the person they are. I've been friends with several wealthy people with wonderful personalities and the most positive and kind demeanor. I don't see all this hate for the wealthy people (the '99%' protests) I mean, they worked for what they have now. Not sit on their lazy buts and demand to be given money by the government.

i don't think i've ever let loose that much sardonic laughter in five minutes

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
But Huckster, don't you realize once you are rich enough morality and legality don't matter at all, only Country Club memberships do?

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
my friend's family owns half of the businesses in the hicktown I live in

pretty sweet when the poverty level here is higher than the state average but their house costs over a million dollars

John Madden

resident policy guy
who needs to learn macroeconomics when i can just get elected, take what the entitled children on SPPf say, and do precisely the opposite?

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
some think I'm wealthy (***** please, I'm hundred and seventy thousand dollars a year away from being minimum "upper" class.), but I do admit to being more well off then others sometimes. (Though with all the shiz my mom has to do for those houses, we're getting pretty low in spending money >3>).

So point and case, I'm looked at as the guy who's wealthy, and I feel sorta bad about it sometimes.(So much so that I always end up paying for small foods for everybody whenever we go places...). Perhaps its because I have a bunch of friends who are just above the poverty line and such. (At least I think. I don't directly ask for this stuff, its stuff you don't do unless they bring it up. >3>...)

So no, I don't dislike wealthy people...what I dislike are the "get rich quick" kids who beleive screwing the other person over is the only way to get money. **** maybe it is at that level of income, but I'm a goodie two shoes, and I don't like that stuff -3-;;...I'll be a freaken alder when I get older, I swear. lol

EDIT: err, scratch that, I am one hundred and TWENTY thousand dollars away from being Minimum upper class. Why did I write 70? lol

Last edited:

joej m

Club Double Trouble
it really depends. if they are willing to give some to people and/or animals that need it then i think they are great people.
but if they think they are better than everyone and they are greedy then i think the aren't so good... D:<

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
This makes waaaaaaay too much sense.
I do have a bad or naughty streak though ;P...as for what? Well, it'll never effect you. Anything bad I do effects me and me alone. Well, to best of my ablities at least. It seems to have worked, people still classify me as nice and respectful.

Though most importantly...I'm very lenient and lax. XD

Schade

Metallic Wonder
As long as they do not brag and feel better than everyone else, I do not mind them

Status
Not open for further replies.