• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you enjoy Gaming Streams?

Nightmare-kid

SPP/SPP-WiFI hOp
So I decided, as my introduction to the misc forums, to open a thread in which I ask you gentlemen about something that's been rising in popularity this last year.

Streaming

The question I'm asking you is, do you guys enjoy streaming? And if yes, which kinds of streams do you enjoy?

Feel free to post links to the streamers you enjoy below, if SPPf policy allows us to do so. And if you yourself are a streamer, feel free to tell us about your expreriences as a streamer and such.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
gentlemen

wot

Also I like Vinny he is the best person in the world. All of his streams are enjoyable because his voice is amazing. He's also hilarious.

Moot is also an excellent streamer, especially when he does Mario 64 Chaos Edition and gets the choir of beautiful Mario noises.

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

I go on Twitch daily. I love watching speedruns of all sorts of games, and a few other casual streamers, namely Jflynn and GiantWaffle. I would actually really like to start streaming and speedrunning, but I don't have the equipment nor the time to right now.

Qucas

I've never watched a stream before but the game I play has a spectator mode and I watch games that way. So I would probably like gaming streams.

I like watching people play video games if they're at my house or something, but steaming them is just boring for me. Plus, I just find most people unfunny and their commentaries to be more annoying than entertaining.

Puma Italia

I don't usually watch gaming streams, but if I find clips from people's streams on YouTube, I'll watch them. I like to watch speed runs.

Grey Wind

I usually only watch parts of streams if I'm considering buying a game and want to see what the gameplay is like, or occasionaly if I'm bored and feel like watching some minecraft stuff. Otherwise I usually avoid them, since I don't find it that interesting to watch and it's hard to find a streamer who's commentary/voice isn't annoying.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I only watch uploaded fragments on Youtube, usually highlights or something. I'm not really interested in watching someone play for hours without knowing when the good stuff is going to happen. I just get distracted and go do other stuff instead.

ChrysalisShockx

The Forgotten Man
I love gaming streams lol. The only person I've really watched properly is KSIOlajideBT. I usually love most of his videos. I watched his rise to fame (':

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I watch Antastic on You Tube mostly because he's entertaining and British so his voice is nice to my Canadian ears.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
I mostly watch Ray Narveaz streams, but that's mostly because I love the Achievement Hunters. But Rays Fibbage stream was the best. Of course, he posts his streams on YouTube, so that's another reason why I like him.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
uhh no i would rather actually play a game

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't usually watch people stream but there are a few who have a great voice for commentary that I enjoy watching. Smooth McGroove is one but he just has an amazing voice.

Also I like Vinny he is the best person in the world. All of his streams are enjoyable because his voice is amazing. He's also hilarious.

Also this.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Used to watch livestreams of games, but when you have annoying and loud "xx HAS SUBSCRIBED!!" messages, and these streamers saying things like "I totally care about you guys", I stopped watching altogether.

Of course, I still watch a lot of other streams, such as Netflix and Hulu streaming, news streams, and E3 streams.

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
The amount of folks on the internet who happen to:
a. stream; and, more importantly,
b. meet my standards for what constitutes "good" performing abilities (humorous banter, a pleasant voice, etc.)

are extremely few. If there were more who did, I'd enjoy gaming streams more.

Capsaicin

I usually only watch parts of streams if I'm considering buying a game and want to see what the gameplay is like, or occasionaly if I'm bored and feel like watching some minecraft stuff. Otherwise I usually avoid them, since I don't find it that interesting to watch and it's hard to find a streamer who's commentary/voice isn't annoying.

This is what I do. It's astonishingly hard to get a good look at gameplay on Steam or in trailers sometimes.

As for the humor element... it's a mixed bag. I don't know anyone funny enough to keep me coming back, but I used to watch League of Legends streams to pick up on some tips from more experienced players. They often had good insights on how the game worked and how things were changing (or going to change), too.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Some times. It depends on the stream, some times it takes too long for it to load. I liked the recent Pokémon ones, but it can be a little tedious.