• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Ever Clean Out Your Boxes?

Atari

Did it on 'em
Hehe... Unfortunately, no. My boxes are unorganized messes... Occasionally I will separate legendaries and events from the bunch, but generally I won't do anything aside from that.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
When I MM

In my real SS game...Bill called me 3 times alreadz that my boxes are full....and Im currently SRing for a shiny Toto in my other SS game (i got two SS's).. So I cant trade ANYTHING there coz I only have liek 20 spaces left :/

My White...theres lotsa open boxes so its okay xD nya~

Kyro12

HiddenAmongstShadows
When I MM

In my real SS game...Bill called me 3 times alreadz that my boxes are full....and Im currently SRing for a shiny Toto in my other SS game (i got two SS's).. So I cant trade ANYTHING there coz I only have liek 20 spaces left :/

My White...theres lotsa open boxes so its okay xD nya~

Hmm.. I wonder if there's a Pokemon hoarders.... o.o

Hatsune Miku

my boxes ar cleaned randomly as in wherever i put then there they are neat lol

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I never have the need to clean out boxes because I'll never have caught enough to fill them up anyway. I do organise my boxes though! Name them by type!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I always clean my boxes cause i MM a lot.
My boxes are like this:
In game team:14 Pokemons
Legendaries :10 Pokemons (still growing cause i plan to transfer my HG legendaries)
Shinies:6 Pokemons
Dream world females:nearly 60 Pokemon so at the moment 2 boxes :D
Dream world males:13/14 Pokemons
Events:7 Pokemons
Breed for battle:14 Pokemons
At the moment the rest of my boxes are stocked with Charmanders and eggs.

Last edited:

SuperEpicRock

Yeah, after I MM or IV breed, I find any pokes with good IVs and release the rest.
I almost never clean out my first few boxes, though. They are filled with pokes I caught in-game and such. I probably should, they have no organization.

Yes, I do. Since I run a Trade Shop, I need to clean box space to put the traded 'mons, like the Events and Flawless ones. Now, I have, I think 6 boxes for normal Pokémon, at maximum.

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
I release pokemon if I don't like them anymore, they're random wild pokemon, they've got a failing nature/evs or if I don't have space left for gooder pokemons.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
In SoulSilver, I release everything except for 1 time encounters, Unown (at least until I get all 28 of them), and my six original Pokemon. I'm trying to complete the National Pokedex while still not breaking that rule. It's going pretty well, actually.

Buchou

filch some swag
I organize my boxes by type and number, but I don't clean them out. In D/P I used to.

Iblistech

Simply Fabulous
I sometimes empty out my boxes whenever I accidently catch two of the same Pokemon, but there have been a few cases where I didn't, due to some ppl wanting to trade with me most of the time.

garren

kitties will rule
i clean my boxes as often i as i clean my room...... well my room never needs cleaned just my gaming area lol

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I can't actually remember the last time i cleared out one of my boxes.

I don't think i catch enough to fill them all.

Maetch

I make it a rule to always hold on to the highest evolution of every Pokemon line. Lesser links get released unless I need them for diverging forms (Kirlia, Eevee, etc.) If I need a lower form for trading purposes, I'll just do a Day-Care run. This keeps my Box loads low.

Legendaries make great trade-bait, as do Shinies, Starters, and version-exclusives. I always try to keep spares on hand for bartering.