• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Ever Clean Out Your Boxes?

Indigoodra

I have done that several times in Diamond, and... I probably should get around to doing that in Platinum *thinks about his 50-something Chikoritas*

>_____>

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I never release a pokemon unless it's a very close or exact duplicate of another pokemon, like when I'm MMing.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I used to regularly clean out my boxes on the 3rd, 7th, 19th, and 31st of every month…..but then it got tedious and I quit altogether XD!

AWSquared

Not very active here
I keep most my Pokemon in their box. The only time I empty boxes is to transfer Pokemon to other games like I just did with my last file in Diamond.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
no, i leave each and every one of my pokemon, from the bellsprout i caught in route 32 to that starly i found in diamond <3

ebevan91

I only release duplicates.

magikrap

Typhlosion Trainer
No, I have plenty of room usually so its unnecessary, unless I have duplicates of something or extra Pokes left over from breeding. But if I'm breeding for a certain nature/MMing and I don't get what I'm looking for, I usually just shut off the game and reset instead of dumping them all in PC boxes. It saves space.

How do you guys organize your boxes? Personally, I do it by level (1-10, 11-20, etc) and some extra boxes for Pokemon I've set aside to trade or breed.

I organize my Pokemon by type, and so some boxes (namely Water) will fill up rather quickly. When that happens, I go ahead and clean out anything I don't need.

M4zz

Banned
If by cleaning out, you mean migrating to the next generation then yes. If not, I usually do it upon pressing "New Game" where the decision on who to keep is unbiased, and my boxes are clean by the time I check the first available PC.

poke-him-on

Overweight Bystander
As many other people do, i get rid of doubles, make a box only for grass, dragon, fire etc.

And lets say i have a nuzleaf and i have a seedot. I will release the seedot.

I like to spend some time sorting out my boxes. In my box only for unova, hoenn etc

ill have the first ev of the starters, than above/below the second ev and so on

magikrap

Typhlosion Trainer
And lets say i have a nuzleaf and i have a seedot. I will release the seedot.

I do that too, but sometimes end up kicking myself for it later. Because I'll occasionally be browsing on the GTS and see something like "looking for Solosis Lv. __" and all I have is Reuniclus. :/

AmericanPi

Write on
Nope. I don't really bother to catch 'em all, so I never find a need to clean out my boxes. I have one box where I put my frequently used Pokemon, one box for Legendaries, and the other boxes organized by type. But most of those boxes stay pretty empty because I'm not really a "collector". ;)

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Not yet, and boy is it going to be irrating since I have at least 9 boxes full of pokemon for each game in between gen 4 and 5 and their are a lot of pokemon I don't want to release because they have already been train to at least level 50 before I noticed their bad or unfavorable natures.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I don't really need to clean my box, in fact I don't even care about it.

PsychicPsycho

I don't think I've ever done that at any time, or really considered it. Generally the only time I just release something is if I've cloned it for migration or to get items.

It's basically why I started doing my 'free pokemon' thing. I figure I should just release them and get it over with, but I'd kind of feel bad doing that.

cantab

I almost never release. On my White I've had to, because I've gone for living Pokedex which naturally takes up loads of space. When I was breeding I added a bunch of synchronisers, so I naturally ended up releasing unwanted eggs and so. I do have space for 51 more Pokemon, but it's scattered over the boxes since they're all sorted by Pokedex number. Really need to get Black and do all my breeding there.