• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Ever Clean Out Your Boxes?

Lickilicky.my.Skitty

Since Red & Blue!
I organize my boxes by type. ie: Grass, Water, Fire, Elec, etc., etc. I've always done it like that and always will. With the new games now I have more box space. Even separate boxes for eggs, IV/EV trained teams, etc.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I don't think I've ever cleaned out a box, but I may have to in my SoulSilver. DX

Kananar

Hoenn Lover
No... Once I tried by changing the names to fire ghost etc. but i just can't be bothered :)

paracelsus

I don't until I run out of room. Which can actually happen when your completing you pokedex and breeding for IVs for teams

Silverwynde

My Sweet Guardian
Only if I have way too many of a certain species. I had to release a lot of Beldum and Weedle on my Pearl cart, as I was trying to breed for shinies. Same on Emerald, only it was a mass Roselia release. Mostly it's those that I've kept during my shiny hunts that aren't shiny and aren't useful to me.

There are two Pokemon that I will never release under any circumstance: Golett and Golurk. They stay with me. I don't care about their Natures, Abilities, what have you. They will always have a spot in my PC, no matter what. I can't help it--I love those two far too much. They are my babies, after all.

I seldom catch Pokemon i need, except when it is my first time playing that game. However, for one reason or another, I always have an excess of HM slaves. When I have fly, and all cities are already flyable to, then buh0bye to all my bidoofs and bibarels.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I only ever release when I'm breeding. For the most part, I always organize my boxes, usually into National Pokedex order.

Faytal

Virizion <3
I keep one of every pokemon with two boxes set aside for team building. It gets crowded >.< but I try not to release anything. Makes breeding quite a hassle XD

rook09

Of science.
I have one box for EV trained pokemon, one box for legendaries, but the rest have one of each pokemon which must be in chronological order of capture.
OCD. It likes the boxes.

I've noticed my collection has a few unneeded spares here and there lately, so I've been giving them away and releasing the others.

~Kurou

to see you smile
I always have to clean out my boxes, 'cause they're always full of fodders .-.

Agent DJ

Like a BOSS!!!!!!!!!
I organize my Pokemon by how I trained them. A box for my battle Pokemon, one for strategy Pokemon, one for the ones that are in training and for the ones I will train and some for DW Pokemon (I separate my female and male DW so I can tell how many I have and where they are)

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
I don't clean them out, but a constantly reorginize them the way that I see fit