• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you ever forfeit/disconnect/run from a WiFi battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
On wi-fi, when I know I'm licked, I press the Forfeit button and give them the win they deserve.

That's the proper way to give up, I agree. I do that when they deserve the win. But trust me, I do know when people are trying to beat me with hacked ones. I mean, come one, a Chandelure w/ Hydro Pump? I just said no right then and there.

Lanik

Nope. Whenever my defeat is inevitable, I forfeit the match rather than shutting down my DS. Those people have earned their wins fair and square.

Earthia100

Topic title.

I always disconnect, because, well, who doesn't want to lose? Besides, I suck in the competitive area, 7/10 times I lose. When I'm on Pokemon Online, I open the task manager and end the Pokemon-Online.exe process.

Do you do this too?

If you suck at competitive battling then change your strategy. Your making other people suffer for your suckyness. You should be ashamed.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I have disconnected accidentally due to battling in the rain (both real-life weather and in-game).
But I always forfeit if I feel like I can't win.

If you go on Wi-fi, you're instantly saying that you're willing to accept the fact that some people will be sore losers and disconnect their game upon seeing their ideal strategy not work or something. Expect at least some people to make you "suffer for their suckyness". :/

Xhilla

I do dissconnect sometimes, usually when i don't want to play anymore or when i'm up against an obviously hacked team.

No. 1 Machop Fan

I battle on Pokémon Online instead of Wifi, but I never forfeit there because I'm not a coward. I take inevitable defeat like a man.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I hate it when people do that to me, so I extend the same courtesy to them. I don't do it because I know how awful it feels.

But, I do now feel like a hypocrite. If I'm on RM, and I encounter a team that has a damn good chance of being hacked (i.e. completely shiny, with a latios, hydreigon, volcarona, terrrakion probably with flawless ivs across the board), yeah, I'll dc because no way am I going to fight something like that.

FRUITYai

When I first started wifi battling, I pretty much lost every game. My loss record was no doubt, beautiful. I pulled my head out of my ***, I changed my strategies up, tried different Pokemon combination, and rose above my continuous loss record. That, there, was a great feeling.

ANTIK

I hate when you figure out the strategy of your opponent, and since you ruin it, they get frustrated and disconnect like crying babies, I think that if you realize that you can´t win, the exit is Run or Forfeit, with dignity. Anyways, what I do is I always take a picture of the opponent where it shows the name, city, number of wins, etc. and then when I battle them and they run like cowards, I keep that picture in a file so if I encounter them again, I´d just disconnect so I don´t waste my time with them and look for a decent opponent.

Would it be against this website policies or a bad thing to do to post the names of the ones who disconnect like in a list or something? Just asking.

Last edited:
Oh god, today I decided to stop playing Pokemon Online because even if you disconnect from there (end Pokemon-Online.exe process) your opponent wins by timeout -_-

It's just that the game records how many times you win/lose. Feeling ashamed for disconnecting? I feel nothing but relief when I disconnect. Would feel more guilty having 100 losses and 3 wins.

Unoin

I don't disconnect, even though I usually end up losing. I just can't admit I'm going to lose, until all my Pokemon are 0 HP

SuperPichu

Pokémon!
No, I don't forfeit or run and I DON'T disconnect! It irritates me so much when people disconnect so they won't get the loss!
But no, I don't forfeit, EVEN when I know I have like 1% chance of winning, because you never know, you might just win.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I was playing tonight and I had 4 consecutive people ragequit on me, so I thought I'd share my feelings.

To me, there are two levels of ragequitting:

1) Raqequitting within the first 1-3 turns: to me, this is completely acceptable. If you enter a fight and are completely overmatched against your opponent OR you enter a fight and just completely misread the battle or get blown away right off the bat, I'm completely cool with abandoning ship. I don't mind if people do it to me, and I have done it before (and will do it again). The point of battling is to have FUN, and if a battle is out of hand from the get-go... well, that isn't fun.

2) Ragequitting at the endgame or right after the last pokemon faints. THIS is obnoxious, and I won't and haven't do this one. If a battle is fair and fun and well-played, I'm more than happy to let my opponent have a win. It gets frustrating when others do this to me because, a lot of times, I just had a battle that I want to save a video of so I can watch again and post for my friends to see.

So, to me, it depends where the battle is when the ragequit happens. I don't think they're all created equal.

P.S. Can I say that, after having read a few posts here, I'm moderately offended. A lot of people say stuff like "I NEVER quit! Unless I'm facing a hacked team with all shiny flawless pokemon!" Well I only use shiny flawless pokemon on Wi-Fi, and they are all legit. I spent a lot of time trading for them on here and removing the ones I find to be hacks, and I EV trained them myself. Don't assume just because someone has nice things that they are hacks.

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I hate it when people do that to me, so I extend the same courtesy to them. I don't do it because I know how awful it feels.

But, I do now feel like a hypocrite. If I'm on RM, and I encounter a team that has a damn good chance of being hacked (i.e. completely shiny, with a latios, hydreigon, volcarona, terrrakion probably with flawless ivs across the board), yeah, I'll dc because no way am I going to fight something like that.

Just because a team is completely shiny and IV 31 all, it doesn't mean it's hacked. If you know how abuse the game's RNG, you can hatch shiny IV 31 all things and encounter Legendaries like that too.

But understandably, if you didn't know about RNGing, then you'd think the opponent hacked. I guess that's why my last random matchup opponent disconnected. Shiny Scizor stomping his team mercilessly.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I only forfeit when i am 100% sure there is no way i can win a battle. Also, i NEVER turn off the DS when things are looking bad for me. People who do that are just a bunch of sore losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.