• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you ever play without your starter?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I always use it, since it's one of the most efficient Pokemon you can use in-game. I don't restart files enough to get tired of it or whatever.

Earthia100

I always use my starter! When people say "I don't use my starter" to me, that's like saying "I gonna beat all the gyms with pidgey and ratatta!"

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
I simply can't get rid of my starter, I'm always too attached to it. Besides many of them are incredible good in the competetive game, like Infernape, venassaur or empoleon

What about Swampert and Serperior?

...And Chariza--*shot*

I always use the starter. I often use them as my powerhouse until I beat the elite four then I trade another Pokemon over and they become my second most powerful

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I always use my starter Pokemon in my teams.

Randomness

He is already here.
Not always, mostly because I like the design of other wild Pokemon better, and thus train them more. And in the end they're waay stronger than my starter...

Most of my first playthroughs of a game is just to have fun. :)

ebevan91

I normally have a starter with me, but it may not be a starter from that game (or generation).

For instance, I used 1st gen starters on my 2nd playthrough of White.

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
Only in Yellow for every playthrough ever. Sorry, but I have issues with Pikachu that refuses to evolve before the days of Light Ball, it kind of sucks ... a lot. Every other playthrough of any game will always have a starter. Wait, actually there was one other one, my Double Dragons Playthrough of Platinum featured Garchomp, Dragonite, Weavile, Magnezone, Floatzel, and Roserade, although Dratini and Gible were kind of like starters there

Propane

Not always, mostly because I like the design of other wild Pokemon better, and thus train them more. And in the end they're waay stronger than my starter...

Most of my first playthroughs of a game is just to have fun. :)
Have you ever played with blaziken or infernape or swampert if you did I doubt very much that your other pokemons are stronger let alone way stronger.

Shinluxray348

The name is Luxray
I almost always do, but I decided not to a few times. I've gone through White, Platinum and Emerald without my starter :D

Floette

Fennekin
I never used to, but in all recent games I have played through without my stater. They are too common, I like to be original :p