1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Ever Use Legendaries for Your In-Game Teams?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Mr.Munchlax, Jul 18, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do you ever use legendary pokémon for your in-game team

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    43.9%
  3. Sometimes

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  1. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

As the title implies, I was wondering if anyone ever uses legendary pokémon when using their in-game teams. Normally, I stopped using them since Ruby & Sapphire since I kind found it unfair due to them being overpowered and you already have your team planned out by the time you catch them. Plus, I always get sick when I see people spam them for their teams in wifi battles.

However, I was thinking of making an exception for my Ultra Sun playthrough since I have a lv. 10 Tornadus that I transferred from Black 2 via the Dream Radar. I'm not really interested in using any of the Flying pokémon available in Ultra Sun right now, and I always loved Therian Tornadus's design, so I thought I'd try using it on my team to see how it works, though I'm not sure since I'm worried it's still unfair to use a legendary pokémon for my in-game team.

So, I wanted to get other people's opinion partly to help me make a decision, & partly to see how everyone feels about this subject.

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  2. AuroraBeam

AuroraBeam Well-Known Member

I've only ever used suicune on my ingame team on Colosseum because pokemon options were limited.

3. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Yes, but only when I can raise them from nascency or on the few occasions where I sorely need the support they add going into the Elite Four.

lemoncatpower and NovaBrunswick like this.
  4. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

Only when the game says I have to, like in Black/White where you have to fight N with Reshiram or Zekrom, or OR/AS where you battle Deoxys in outer space with Rayquaza.

I think I did use a Legendary in one of my teams when I was younger though, probably Lugia? This was back when I thought Legendaries were ultra-powerful and could bulldoze anything in their way. (It was fun being a kid. :p)

5. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 Troll Hatcher

I used to when I was a kid mainly because of the way the anime usually portrays them as really powerful beings. Nowdays, using Legendaries on my team takes the fun from making a good strong team using regular Pokemon and the satisfaction of bringing down Legendaries/Mythicals with them makes it even better.

6. Morton Belgram

Morton Belgram Well-Known Member

Yeah, if I liked the legend or caught it at a good enough timing to give it proper moves.
    Most of the time, though, I really just preferred to try and play through the game with different Pokémon from last time I played.

7. Silent_Jay

Silent_Jay Active Member

I didn't until OmegaRuby. Latios came on board so that I could have a Mega (I hadn't played X/Y at this point so the concept was new and exciting for me) and needed the coverage. Seeing as he was given to you I thought why the hell not. I've done EV trained legendary teams for 'speed runs' of sorts for X and Sun/Moon. Those were just quick bursts through the game to farm certain items and Pokemon, whilst levelling them for competitive. In Gold on the VC I used Ho-Oh but mainly as a flyer because I was essentially solo'ing with Cyndaquil.

Generally though i've avoided using legendaries in-game. I find they make the game too easy. Though I think that is kinda their purpose, really. More so with the early games, when you get a legendary they tend to be at the right level to continue on the rest of the way, eliminating the need of grinding if you've been doing so with a full team at that point. I find this especially true with the first 3 generations. Ofcourse thesedays with the EXP Share being like it is there is no need to do that in the later games haha.

8. Flamer

Flamer Well-Known Member

I tend to use the box legendary, particularly if the story revolves somewhat around me catching it. Like these guys to feel powerful, so always keep them a few levels higher than the rest of the team, and try to only bring them out for important battles, or when my back's against the wall. Will use others from time to time, but in general only right towards the end of the story, or for the Elite 4. Powered up my severely under leveled Pearl team with Azelf, and more recently did a similar thing on Ultra Sun with the Articuno and Zapdos I caught in Ultra Space.

Only times I've used a Legendary throughout a play through was Victini in White, and to a lesser extent Latias in AS. Was able to get Victini early on thanks to the event, and became a core part of my team.

9. Li_Syaoran

Li_Syaoran Well-Known Member

Yes, I use Legendaries in my teams.

I think you should use Tornadus if you like it.
    Remember, his BST is only 580 which is less than Pseudo-legendary Pokémon like Dragonite and Garchomp, which has 600 BST.

10. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded Ask me anything

Back as a kid? Absolutely! Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno were half the reason I even beat my first game.

Nowadays? Nah. I need those natures and IV's not to be messed with, though I was a little tempted to use Latios in ORAS at one point.

11. pokedigijedi

pokedigijedi Saiyan Jedi

Sometimes, it depends on my mood though.

12. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Only rarely and usually when they're just given or important to the story. So Latias(Alpha Sapphire), 50% Zygarde(Sun) and Nebby(Ultra Sun). Briefly used Dialga in Diamond, but replaced it with Froslass in the post-game

13. Eryzol

Eryzol LEGEND

Only sometimes because some games can become way too easy and I am always looking for a challenge which is hard to find these days with the new games

14. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

When I first played FireRed, I used all three legendary birds on my team during the main storyline. Nowadays, I never use them until becoming the Champion (barring Reshiram/Zekrom in Black/White), but I do train them and use them in battle facilities (if they are allowed in).

15. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

No, I do not. I'm not a fan of using them on my main team because I think they take away from the fun of raising Pokémon from a low level and feeling the grind of getting them to be great fighters. I'm sure that some people can enjoy them or get that feeling, but even when I raised a Jirachi from an event from a very low level up to 100, it felt way too easy. I love it to death, but it never left the same impact on me like other Pokémon I've actually used on my teams.

16. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

When I was younger I did, although I lost interest in doing so when I started playing the Gen V games for some reason. These days I prefer to only train non-Legendary Pokemon.

17. M.P.

M.P. Ghastly Gamer

I've only used a legendary once on my team: Latios in Omega Ruby, and that was only because back then I though I couldn't soar without having Latios or Latias on my team.

18. When I first got into the series I did, but I kinda fell out of it after playing X because I did a Wonderlocke and used no legendaries at all in that. It opened younger me’s eyes to other strategies and since then I’ve always planned my team before playing, and because I make those plans, I tend to already have a beloved full team when I’m at the legendary so I just don’t use them. I think if I replay Omega Ruby I will use Latios and Uxie for nostalgia’s sake, and I will use Zekrom in White for the story, but other than that I probably won’t focus on using legendaries. I don’t mind people using them, it’s just not really my thing anymore.

19. Wabblebabble123

Wabblebabble123 Ultimate Fortnite Noob

I used articuno back in pokemon blue

20. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I find most available legendaries less interesting than what I already got at the time, or it'd cause type overlap I want to avoid. So only in a few games. I may use Articuno in Leaf Green, though only for the lack of Ice types that aren't Water types in that game