• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you ever want a subplot of romance in the anime again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Man you lambast the best one and prop up the worst one? Lol
I agree, Noodle, Kenny was pretty dull and forgettable and his crush on Dawn was pathetic.
Wait a minute.... I believe this called an.... opinion. I could be dying on a hill here but I think so. I also think.... and wait a minute... just because you think they’re the best doesn’t mean they are. I dunno just a theory.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Wait a minute.... I believe this called an.... opinion. I could be dying on a hill here but I think so. I also think.... and wait a minute... just because you think they’re the best doesn’t mean they are. I dunno just a theory.
Sounds fake to me.

Anyway it was mostly a joke. I don't even see May and Drew as primarily a romance as the rivalry came first and the romance was just a little extra thing that didn't even become apparent until BF

Sham

The Guardian of War
Sounds fake to me.

Anyway it was mostly a joke. I don't even see May and Drew as primarily a romance as the rivalry came first and the romance was just a little extra thing that didn't even become apparent until BF
Just because something received more focus doesn’t make it superior. Also if one prefers romance to be more subtle than more out there they would prefer Dawn x Kenny. It’s just preference. The only probably I had with Contestshipping is the fact I didn’t really prefer the other half of the ship which affected the dynamic to me. Their feelings were definitely addressed in early AG considering his roses stop being for her Pokémon and started being given to her personally. The first time he gave a rose to Beautifly and the second time to May.

mobius34

Sounds fake to me.

May blushes over Drew for the first time in the Hoenn Grand Festival. She didn’t realize she might like him as more than a rival before that. The good thing is it took all the way to the end of her first saga to address her feelings rather than have it like that right away.

If May pined over Drew from his first episode the way Serena did for Ash, that would have been awful. May put herself and her goal first and then realized she might like him later on.

BabaVanga

May & Drew was definitely the worst pairing, it made May look like a stereotypical naive girl crushing on jerky boy. If they wanted to have PokéGirl and male rival shipping, Misty and Iris were much better candidates for it

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The romance subplot is fine when the writers ironically don't try to make it a focus. They tried with Serena. It was pathetically low compared to other girls', who could've been easily mistaken for girls Ash could go for because they were just as adventurous as he is.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Can you for once just let go of your hatred of xy for once?

lmao I just saw this because you’re on my ignore list but please don’t talk to me about my “hatred” for XY when I’ve never even once said I hated XY. Like ever. I specifically brought up XY because people who hate amour act like all romance in the anime is just terrible when that’s not true. And you of all people definitely shouldn’t be talking with your annoying hate and illegible posts about anything that’s not XY. I didn’t even bash XY in my post, I literally stated my opinion on how I prefer subtle romances and if you think anything about my post was negative you’re just delusional.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
lmao I just saw this because you’re on my ignore list but please don’t talk to me about my “hatred” for XY when I’ve never even once said I hated XY. Like ever. I specifically brought up XY because people who hate amour act like all romance in the anime is just terrible when that’s not true. And you of all people definitely shouldn’t be talking with your annoying hate and illegible posts about anything that’s not XY. I didn’t even bash XY in my post, I literally stated my opinion on how I prefer subtle romances and you think anything about my post was negative you’re just delusional.
That was Tuesday and you had critical of the xy and Serena nonstop for months end and i stopped care about sm bash anymore as i don't see a point of it and i stopped worries about fan freaking out and don't worry about me .....i am won't bash sm arc nor say nice about it and delusional eh ? Sure as part of fandon can give you that

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
That was Tuesday and you had critical of the xy and Serena nonstop for months end and i stopped care about sm bash anymore as i don't see a point of it

When did I bash Serena and XY non stop? When? You’re just making stuff up at this point. I don’t straight up bash any series whether I like them or not, I’ll definitely debate but I’m not going on no irrelevant hate spree.

It doesn’t change the fact that nothing about my post was negative or critical about XY and your post was completely unnecessary and didn’t make sense.

Redstar45

When did I bash Serena and XY non stop? When? You’re just making stuff up at this point. I don’t straight up bash any series whether I like them or not, I’ll definitely debate but I’m not going on no irrelevant hate spree.

It doesn’t change the fact that nothing about my post was negative or critical about XY and your post was completely unnecessary and didn’t make sense.
Look i am agree with that and it was unnecessary but just hate that sm fan getting away from bash xy arc.

Redstar45

If we're talking between the main companions again, no lmao
It is how shipper work and i hope that no shipper wars when we met Kasumi or Serana or new pokegirl ....oh i can't stand shipper wars they are hell please writers just make em friend for once

BabaVanga

Irronicaly Gou has the best chance for relationship with Ash out of all his companions/classmates because he's an anime-exclusive character and isn't tied to a specific generation.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Aaaand I think it's about time to close this. This is heading way too far into the usual whiny "I don't like how unsubtle they were with the Satoshi/Serena pairing, I preferred it when they paired Satoshi with (someone else), which was done so subtly it didn't actually exist outside of my interpretation" nonsense these threads always devolve into. Subplots that are so "subtle" they don't actually exist aren't subplots, and this isn't the shipping section.

Status
Not open for further replies.