• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you ever want a subplot of romance in the anime again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
To be honest I was not all that big on Contestshipping because I found Drew obnoxious and irritating and what they did in XY was horrendous so I can live without it. If it’s something subtle like Kenny and Dawn then I can tolerate it.

They won’t do it with Ash again at least since we won’t have another Serena type crush ever, it’s not something you can repeat. Serena’s crush was ok if so much of her character wasn’t centered around it.

The reason the May/Drew ship worked is they were already rivals and May didn’t fall for Drew or have a crush on him immediately. She doesn’t blush over him until the hoenn Grand Festival and that was around the time she realized she might like him and that was at the end of an entire region. Drew started off jerkish but he gets nicer as AG progresses and you could tell he was teasing her on purpose.

The Kenny crush was kinda abandoned because Kenny was unpopular in general and it went nowhere.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
They won’t do it with Ash again at least since we won’t have another Serena type crush ever, it’s not something you can repeat. Serena’s crush was ok if so much of her character wasn’t centered around it.

The reason the May/Drew ship worked is they were already rivals and May didn’t fall for Drew or have a crush on him immediately. She doesn’t blush over him until the hoenn Grand Festival and that was around the time she realized she might like him and that was at the end of an entire region. Drew started off jerkish but he gets nicer as AG progresses and you could tell he was teasing her on purpose.

The Kenny crush was kinda abandoned because Kenny was unpopular in general and it went nowhere.
Actually Dawn ended up confessing her feelings to Kenny.

Technically every main girl had a shipping subplot except Iris and the SM girls, and Dawn just rejected every guy who liked her like Conway, kenny, etc. Zoey and Dawn was probably meant to be a thing but lesbian stuff in kids cartoons way back in 2006-2010 wouldn’t be able to fly. Gay rights weren’t what they are now.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Not really, don't care for romance stuff myself.

game3524

No, I rather not see it.

But they will do it again and going by their track record when it comes to recycling ideas, the next time around will likely be better done.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
No.
The writers proved they suck at writing romance.
To be fair, it was their first attempt at actually writing one rather than just the random hints they'd usually give toward it. That said, they definitely should have tried harder. Who knows, maybe this is just a Western thinking vs Japanese thinking difference that's too ingrained to be able to see where the other side is coming from.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Sure I would! It all depends on how it’s done, though. I’d prefer it if the romance develops over the course of the series rather than have it begin before the series, and I’d like it if it’s not completely one-sided.

Status
Not open for further replies.