• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you feel obliged to support canon ships?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xadhoom

Xerbian Mutant
In the name of every deity to ever have or will have existed somewhere in our world, NO!

In fact, 02's Canon Shipping (Sorato) is probably the one I'm the most opposed to; mainly because of the whole Taiora VS Sorato dispute. It's not that big of a freaking deal...

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
I kinda don't like supporting canon ships, but a ship I support quite a bit, Valeshipping (From Golden Sun), is as canon as canon can get, with Matthew being the son of Issac and Jenna in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
This is a really good topic too!

I occasionally feel that people believe that once a shipping becomes canon, it's wrong to support other shippings; they say you are obliged to support the canon ship. All I can say to these people is to stay away from fanfiction then, because those stories are meant to give readers something different!

Anyway, for me, I don't care what becomes canon. I have my shippings I support and will continue to support those and write for them no matter what else really becomes canon. The only influence canon shippings have on me is that if one of the characters in the shipping is a character I'm writing a shipping fic for, I'll use how the canon ship was managed to get ideas on how to go about the romance involved in my own shipping.

I'm so not obliged to support canon ships. My OTP is a nevermet!

Bananarama

The light is coming
Well, yes and no. I feel that canon and non-canon ships can exist peacefully, and I usually support any ships that have already been established as canon, but it's just not a requirement for me to ardently follow each and every single canon ship, since it really defeats the fun and speculative aspects of shipping, imo.

Innocentmercy

It really depends. If the canon couple has a good background and terms of relationship, then I'd go for it. Like Alice/Yuri from the Shadow Hearts series!

But I consider myself as a multishipper soo.. you know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.