1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you feel the need to catch them all when you play?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by gentwoer, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ What are you looking at?

I've stopped trying to catch them all ever since I lost my hg which I only needed 102 Pokemon to complete the national pokedex. I already completed the Johto pokedex with the Sinnoh evolutions of certain Pokemon like Togekiss in it.

I just only capture the Pokemon I use in battle now.

2. Drake Pokétrainer

Drake Pokétrainer Blood of Insanity

Yes, in fact, that's not even enough for me. I Simply need a living dex, have been doing that since gen 3. Currently it's complete (aside from Zeraora) including all unown and vivillon forms.

Whenever a new gen comes out I'm always annoyed when my living dex isn't complete. Gen 7 was especially troublesome with its evolving non breedable legends like Cosmog.

3. Sprinter1988

Sprinter1988 Well-Known Member

I usually try to catch everything, but it never lasts. Loading up any game set in the Kanto region usually shows that I would catch just about everything up until about Vermillion City, then its just a couple of catches here and there, like Vulpix or Growlithe outside Celadon and a Gastly in Pokemon tower. Then I go mad in the Safari Zone trying to catch everything there, then I just don't catch things after that.
    Completing the national pokedex in any region is hard work, especially if there isn't a reliable way to grind against NPC trainers through using things like the vs Seeker.

4. Friendshipper

Friendshipper Monkey Pokemon are the BEST!

I used to catch every available and non-legendary pokemon, but I'm not really sure now.

5. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

I try to, but mainly I try to play it for fun more so. Especially now. I try not to sweat not getting everything.

6. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

My compulsion makes me catch as much as reasonable

7. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Ever since they introduced the shiny charm in B2W2 I've been wanting to complete the pokedex, or at least as much as possible in Alola in case they have a Diamond/Pearl remake soon and I can transfer pokemon over. I really get a sense of accomplishment from finishing it, even with the fewer pokemon needed for Alola.