• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you feel the need to catch them all when you play?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I completed the Alolan Pokedex a few days ago and feel satisfied I was able to achieve such a goal. Do I want to do it again? No, I figure completing the regional dex once per generation is enough.

I used to work on filling my National Dex on two games per generation back during the R/S/E and D/P/Pt days, but now that the amount of Pokemon has doubled, I've become lazier so I only do it once now.

Xuxuba

If i don't like the game very much, then i won't bother. I sure didn't catch them all on ORAS and SM.

But if i do, i will try to catch them and have fun with it, like i did with XY, HG/SS and other games.

I do hate when they make it almost impossible for us to get certain ones though...

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
As normal, I'm not very interested, but the case was quite different for USUM. I had to catch them all for the Alola Dex because my adorable little Ayla just NEEEEEEDED to get that Nurse Joy outfit.

AuroraBeam

I know I stated a few weeks ago that I don't usually care about completing the 'dex. However as of right now, I have everything for the Hoenn dex on my Sapphire that isn't Ruby exclusive, something that evolves through stones (they're kinda rare in this game), or an event pokemon. I'm currently playing through the Gamecube games to get the exclusive Johto 'mons ready for transfer. Then I'll probably start the Kanto remakes for 1st gen stuff.

Once I have nearly everything, I'm hoping to shift to gen 4 and complete the dex in those games.

Hokker

I like to shiny hunt so getting the shiny charm is always a goal since B\W. I have in my online boxes every evolution and every forme of every Pokemon (except the mirror formers of Thundarus etc) so when I complete games I can fill my dex and get the shiny charm. The sick part is I had to do it twice because I always get both games so I can trade between my 2 games hence 2 online accounts. Just writing this makes me think I should be in therapy!

Archedra

Fossil Pokemon Trainer
With as many as there are in the series nowadays + my personal favoritism bias- I have never completed a PokeDex. I just don't see the need to, aside from getting the Shiny Charm in some games.
I feel kind of guilty about it, but if I needed information on a Pokemon I would just look it up online.