• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you find yourself cheering for Team Rocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
In the past seasons, yes I found myself rooting for them. But now that they have gotten serious, not anymore.

fitzy909

Just another guy
after a while i was rooting for them, because they were just that hopeless. i liked them and all, but they got repetitive and i would start thinking to myself 'come on succeed just once...please!' i still want them to do well, i guess, but they fail even though they are serious. Then again, the bad guys never win, do they?

FireTypeLeader

I have always loved Team Rocket. I wish they'd succeed more.mi think a mini arc where they actually stole pikachu and ash had to get him back properly rather than popping the balloon would be interesting

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
More so in BW I do lol

I think Team Rocket was the reason most people continued to watch the show. They honestly had some of the best lines from the 4KIDS-era, and they were just so goofy and they bounced off each other so well. I always looked forward to seeing them even when I knew they weren't going to succeed for the billionth time. I don't mind Ash as the main character, but to just watch him travel the land to occasionally battle a gym leader was dull, so obviously there needed to be an opposing force, and Team Rocket was entertaining enough.

So while I didn't exactly cheer for Team Rocket, they were amongst my most favorite characters of the show. Do I wish they were treated better (in which case Best Wishes granted that)? Yes, but when you're the comedy relief, you are treated as such. Since I stopped watching the show by the time it moved to Cartoon Network, I could only glean from others about Team Rocket's character in the D/P saga, and they were at their weakest then. Makes me wonder if 4KIDS didn't sell the rights that they could've kept Team Rocket entertaining enough. Their script is not always great, but you have to give them credit for at least making the Team Rocket trio memorable.

I liked TRio under 4Kids slightly more, but mainly in terms of their dialogue and scripts like you. They didn't used to go into alliterations and puns all the time back then (though that seems to have thankfully gone away with serious TRio in BW-- unfortunately the BW TRio has the personality of mud to me). The voices themselves are pretty close to the way they used to sound in the 4Kids dub. I admit Jessie still sounds a bit like a washed out opera singer, James still sounds a bit stuffy, and Meowth too gravelly sometimes, but they're overall good enough, I guess. I've never really had an issue with them.

4Kids probably made Ash and Brock the most memorable for me...I don't know what it is, but I really do miss their original dub voices. It's just one of those things. *shrugs*

I did find myself cheering for TRio, but only in the OS.

In AG, I just laughed at them, and occasionally got frustrated with them. Cheered for them in emotional moments they had or goodbyes they had to give.

Same goes for DP.

BW, I don't even...care what they're doing. They can go to prison for all I care. They're easily the most lifeless chars on the show right now.

Last edited:

Canada

Banned
what? **** no

that is weird and you should feel weird 8)

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
No, absolutely no. Ever since I was a kid I didn't want them to win because they are criminals and I tend to heavily criticize villains.

The only times where I cheered for them were when they didn't act as criminals but more as people. For example, I cheered for Meowth when he fought Persian to win Meowzie's love, I cheered for James when he had to escape from Jessiebelle or when he was teaching Drain Punch to Cacnea and I cheered for Jessie when she was doing her Contests in DP, since she wasn't a complete loser like in AG (even if she still lost a lot).

All the others times I couldn't care less what happened to them.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
As put by takudo (I think that's his name), Team rocket is quite inspiring to people. So yes, I find myself cheering them on. Or at the very least, they tug on my sympathy strings a lot....(or they did. lol)

If they weren't criminals, then they'd have a huge support just from how much they try and how silly their antics are. They're even more stubborn then ash about things.

DP and Ag, and heck, even some of the original series showed them as good people.

*~Silver*~

Anyone who admitted to having rooted for Jessie and James have completely summarized my childhood and beyond. [sub]I'm still 13... xD[/sub]

Yes. I a million times I've found myself going, Oh my gosh you two... Just WIN for once! I was so excited when they caught that Yanma in Diamond and Pearl, but then Giovanni sent it back basically saying that it was ridiculously common. Oh well. Jessie, James, and Meowth certainly didn't take it that way, now did they? xD

Actually... Team Rocket never even seemed like bad guys to me. Maybe it's because they were always such silly little idiot-guys who were slightly amusing to my tiny brain, or maybe it was just that they never succeeded. I think when it comes down to it I never thought of them as bad because even though they tried to steal Pikachu time and time again they always did seem to care about Pokemon. Especially James with Chimecho, Mime Jr., Cacnea, Victreebell, and Carnivine.

So yeah. I rooted for Team Rocket, mostly because I wanted the shock and reaction of seeing them win. I never particularly wanted them to catch Pikachu, but rather someone else's Pokemon. There have been plenty of episodes where they've gone for, even just a bunch of wild Pokemon, instead of Pikachu.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Yes, especially during this saga. I've wanted to see them succeed at one of their major plots since the failed Subway Hijack, but, alas, no. It was not meant to be.

fitzy909

Just another guy
i agree this saga has been when i rooted for them the most. team rocket had become somewhat professional and i expected them to finally succeed. after sooo long of failing i thought now was their time, but it didn't happen. it can't be good failing every time you try something. i couldn't help but cheer for them.

Mostly no- because they are evil... But mostly yes- because they always mess up and I guess you kinda feel bad for the idiots. XD

I want them to be successful villains and do a lot of damage like most good villains usually do but do I want them to actually succeed with their plans? No. I mean the Pokémon world is such a peaceful place where for the most part, Pokémon usually live in harmony. Could you imagine the Pokémon world under Giovanni? It's interesting to think about what Giovanni would do but I wouldn't want it to actually happen. So I want them to put up a good fight and have a lot of great accomplishments but in the grand scheme of things, I hope Ash always stops them from ruling the world permanently.

I want TR to be happy and I hope none of them ever get killed but them winning and ruling the world would never happen in a kids' show.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Can't stand Team Rocket in any part of the series. They just feel like a tacked on part to the series and just how stupid the main characters are about them

"Oh, no! Team Rocket! They were in totally obvious costumes!" Now I would be fine if this only happened once or twice and that they could point out TR whenever they were in costume, but it happens every time.

They just feel a little brain dead to me, but hey, I know people who really like them and I'm not going to hate on them for it. It's just my thoughts on the matter. I don't really think they should be there

Hikatoshi26

I root for the them at the end of each series because they normally have a hand in stopping them. I always liked Team rocket. especially in BW they have actually been pretty awesome I like TR in AG and DP but in japanese ONLY!!! The dub made them more annoying.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Team Rocket keeps things interesting, or at least amusing.

Though sometimes I have to wonder if they get any frequent flier miles from all that blasting off.

PurpleTitan

King of Unova
Team Rocket keeps things interesting, or at least amusing.

Though sometimes I have to wonder if they get any frequent flier miles from all that blasting off.
Ha! You are a joker, ain't ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.