• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you get angry feelings toward Pokemon Villains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arceusgamer14

Do Pokemon villains ever make you a little angry inside? Like for example Team Rocket (Not Jessie James and Meowth from the anime.) kills Pokemon for Money $$$, polluted the spring in the Mewtwo special, and they laughed about Pokemon being friends in Heartgold & Soulsilver.
I can get pretty angry at scenes like that and it makes me imagine Punching them with a Strong Pokemon or killing them with a legendary Pokemon.

So what about you, do you have a “That’s just mean and evil!” feeling toward most of the Bad guys?

I don't get angry at their actions, I get angry at their stupidity. I wouldn't mind getting the option to join them.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Magma and Aqua I thought were stupid XD

I could get angry at the other two though >.< Mostly Cyrus and his anti human spirit deal..

twigadee

I really do ae? During those scenes, I always say "How could you treat pokemon like that?!?!"
But sometimes, they are pretty cool.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
To be honest, I could sympathize with Cyrus about hating emotions. I didn't really have angry feeling towards any evil teams. I know you said not Jessie, James, and Meowth, but I actually feel sorry for them for failing so often, and I really like those three.

Rakurai

Not really.

They never actually succeed in doing anything downright detestable that makes you really look forward to the moment where you get to put them in their place like most other RPG villains do.

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
Only when their Pokémon KO my severely overleveled starter after resisting confusion five times in a row.

The Fire Starter

Angry? No.

I feel sorry that Anime Team Rocket are idiots and haven't gotten a clue for over four regions.

I feel pity for Cyrus.

I feel pity for Cyrus' cronies, it seems that they have no idea that Cyrus would have them eliminated.

I felt indifferent to either team. They seem hardly a threat, as they most likely couldn't control a legendary. Also, the fact that you aid one of those teams makes them more... associable? I guess.

I feel pity for the Kanto rival. His own grandfather favors you over him. At the end of the game,after all of Blue's efforts, his grandfather is DISAPPOINTED in him just because he lost to Red and lost his championship title, (which he earned fair and square). Would Oak have accepted him if he beat Red? From the way it sounded, I would say yeah, which is BS. He was scolded for not treating pokemon with love, when he's a ten year old. Love is important, but it's as if you wouldn't expect a ten year old to mistreat friends.

simplyabbey

I only got annoyed in the games when there were magikarp just lying all over the place..
And when I thought about what a slowpoke would look like without a tail..

But in the show? No. I can't wait for them to 'blast off' so the rest of the show can continue.

Giovanni

Long lost trainer
no not at all, they are bad at first but at the end they surrender or prove their innocence, most of them turned into comic relief.

Cult Of Personality

Excellent Trainer
I always feel sad for TR. They're kind of wusses. Like at the Radio Tower, Archer loses one battle, and then just disbands his whole team. I mean, I'd just sneak off and come back with some really strong stolen Pokemon. NOT. THAT. DIFFICULT.
Also, kill them with Legendaries? As awesome as that would look, calm down, man. Take a chillaxative.

Last edited:

Kim62

Hello
I got angry at Team Rocket during the Sevii Islands.

Hmph, I do all that work to get the sapphire and then they just take it and I have to go throught their warehouse, why I ought a...

octoboy

I Crush Everything
The villains don't anger me that much. Usually, I just see them as just another obstacle I must beat to win. Okay, maybe I was a *little* peeved when Mars's skuntank slaughtered about half my team with night slash, but besides that, the evil teams have rarely got me too angry.

Gengar, however, ticked me off. Getting everyone against an innocent human-turned-pokemon for his own gain? Not cool at all.

I think the character who angered me the most in Pokemon was Paul. Though he's not really a villain so much as just a jerk. Releasing a pokemon on a whim after it won a battle? Putting his own pokemon down after a victory? Constantly knocking everything Ash does and constantly calling everyone "pathetic"? Totally grinds my gears.

But I don't think I've ever been angry with the true villains of the anime. I mean, they almost inevitably lose, right? Even the good ones are beat in the end, so it's hard to get too mad at them.

Last edited:

~Team_Mudkiepz~

Mistress of Mudkiepz
In the games, no; coz I'm more badass than they could imagine >wO

but in the anime team rocket cutscenes just get plain annoying, I always enjoy watching parts where its like what pokemon would be in real life (brock feeding a pokemon, nurse joy healing a pokemon) cos it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside ^-^!

~Team_Mudkiepz~

Mistress of Mudkiepz
In the games, no; coz I'm more badass than they could imagine >wO

but in the anime team rocket cutscenes just get plain annoying, I always enjoy watching parts where its like what pokemon would be in real life (brock feeding a pokemon, nurse joy healing a pokemon) cos it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside ^-^!

ForeverFlame

Not at all. I admire them for their distinctive personalities (especially in Platinum, Black, and White). N, of course, is my favorite villain, mainly because he doesn't fit any regular villain archetypes at all. His goal is to free all of the Pokemon, and he never takes a Pokemon out of its habitat. He turns a bit hypocritical when he captures the Dragon, but again, he meant to do the right thing all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.