• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you get angry feelings toward Pokemon Villains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic527

Speed fanatic
When I was kid I would be angry at them for how they would treat pokemon but today they let me see the world from a different point of view... although if I'm replaying out of boredom and don't want to deal with them then I feel a little angry inside :p

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
No, just when the villains defeat my Salamence and Lucario I get angry.
:meowthbal:

I get annoyed at them in the tv show for always interrupting. Though in the game they are good training.

~Platinum~

<- Caught it!
Hardly. The evil team storyline is actually my favorite part of the games, since it is one of the main ways the generations vary from each other and usually has more mature and entertaining storyline than going around and beating gyms.

Occasionally I do get anrgy at the evil teams, but not because they're being mean to a Pokemon when I know the evil team will always lose in the end. I get mad at the evil teams when their Zubats confuse my Pokemon and my Pokemon hurt themselves so many times that I'm sure that the evil teams use cheat codes, or when Team Rocket wastes five minutes of an anime episode just so they can lose and get blasted off.

I also get angry because some of the evil teams such as TR, TG, or Cipher could be considered hardcore villains, but instead end up looking stupid because they have all these noobish grunts that say the stupidest stuff.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
The only time I've ever been mad was probably when the Team Rocket killed a mother Marowak after torturing it and left the baby to fend for itself and thought nothing of it! That is really messed up! Don't tell me Team Magma or Team Aqua did something like that.
See, Team Rocket was the only one ever really evil that I thought mostly. Team Magma and Team Aqua were just kind of lame. I saw them and was like. " Hey buddy, you just fly in on a Fearow from Stupid Town?" HAHA Spongebob reference!
As for Team Galactic, all I thought was that Cyrus was a little pokemon short of a team, if you get what I'm saying.
Almost all the other evil teams, I either thought, "Okay, whatever", or I just haven't really played that game. Like I never really got to play Pokemon Colloseum too much, and I don't think I've even played Pokemon XD.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Only when stupid team rocket has to be in EVERY anime episode. Cyrus's whole emotion thing was pretty off. How could you even think about a world without emotion. That would be the most stale existence I could think of.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Not really, though I don't like what Team Galactic did to the lake trio legends, but at least they recovered and I whopped Galacatic's A-s so it's fine, I do feel sorry for Team rocket always being blown away and never succeeding in anything.

Another good point is that we have to be somewhat thankful for them. They give us important and somewhat fun quests in our Pokemon journeys :)

Corinton

Riddler
I do wish that Team Rocket and their perspective persona's in the other games did have some better teams, but I'm not complaining too much. Team Galactic did alright with their Commander's and Cyrus's teams. Besides, there always has to be an enemy corporation with basically an army. And nobody could forget Team Rocket's foreign member in G/S/C/HG/SS.

groundonman

the dark shadows >:D
well... not really
i watch what these villains do and i just say to myself "thats what im gunna be when i get older." hehehe (im not saying im gunna be a criminal btw, just i probably will on pokémon)
i do feel angry at the bad pokemon on pokemon mystery dungeon though "I JUST WANTED SOME TREASURE!" and maybe from team skull

KeshanAmare

The Dark Shadow
Well, no. It's just a game. But yeah, they are cruel. But they turn out to be okay at the end.

Giovanni and Archer disband Team Rocket after realizing their mistakes.

Same goes for Archie and Maxie disbanding Team Aqua and Magma respectively.

Cyrus, on the other hand, is more cruel. He's greedy for power, and doesn't know when to quit. He's plain ugly, scary and creepy. Glad to have seen the last of him.

N was okay. He tried to "free" Pokémon. He meant well though.

Aurath8

Not at all. Cyrus was taking things to far and tried to go solo yet it failed. As a unit they caught three legendary pokemon. They acheived all their goals as a team but as soon as Cyrus or Charon went solo they fail. Cyrus was a psycho too, he had unreachable ideals and didn't trust his followers. He was a corrupt leader.
On a lesser related note: What happened to Cyrus? Does he live in the distortion world? Did he dye his hair and revive a shield fossil in a portable reviver to become Newton? Is he living in the distortion world anyway? He has trees to eat and water to drink, so maybe he has survived. Maybe the Griseous Orb is his soul locked in stone. *shudders*

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
No, not really, I never got angry with them b4 since they're fictions not to mention, the games (anime also) always turn them into pitiful, crazy villains who always fail despite all the big talk and they're always get beat up by 10 year-old kids, I sometimes kinda feel sorry 4 them.

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
I really just find them to be pathetic tbh, I mean they're built up to be the big bad's of the games yet every single time yet they still fall to a 10 year old. The only team that I even like is Plasma and that's because they have a logical goal and catch what there where trying to catch. The only annoyance I have with the evil teams is that I can't take that path and show them what a real threat looks like.

Grei

not the color
I can't get angry at villains whose level of evil equates to a bully on the playground. If they were more outright evil, with more meaningful things to say that truly expounds on their evilness, I would probably feel something towards them.

The only one I got close to feeling eerie towards was Cyrus.

Status
Not open for further replies.