• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you get emotionally attached to your Pokemon?

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
Yes. you wont believe what my reaction was when my white (with 3 years of SS and training on it) was lost on the bus when my son brung it to school.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Hmm, I guess. (Or maybe its the feeling with something you spent a lot of time and effort on, like save files (but then again, I always believe you can never get the same exact Pokemon, so its more special then just simple save files))

Nyter

Island Challenger
Ok excuse me for being a n00b but... what is a Nuzlocke Challenge?

ON TOPIC: It's hard for me to be attached to just 6 Pokemon... I've won many championships with so many.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
That's what makes the game fun, the emotional investment. The excitement you get when you find a special Pokemon at a special time, when you find a shiny, it is a bit emotional.

And I value Pokemon I get from my friends especially. Since Pokemon Pearl I wait until a special occasion to raise my favorite Pokemon to Lv. 100, like a birthday, or a holiday, or in a limo during my friend's graduation. So yeah I'm sentimental about them.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Only the ones that I've had for a really long time, the ones that I've spent a ton of time training (like my level 100 Articuno from Leaf Green), and shinies.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
I do. I mean, I REALLY do. I've had my starter since 2005, and I hate for him to erase. I play the games out more or less like a story: a story that I've had for 5 21/2 years. I've put so much time and effort into these Pokemon (and believe me, I know this sounds weird because they're just pixels) that I'd be devastated even if I lost one. They're part of my childhood and that's something I don't want to lose. It makes me who I am. Plus, it'll be nice to go back in twenty years and look at all the Pokemon I trained and the memories I had.

Frog Of Steel

Quirky Nature
To my main party, a little. Also if a pokemon wins a lot of battles for me I of course like it more.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
I always get attached to my favourite ones but when it evolves I don't care about it anymore. Like Ralts, Duskull and Snorunt.

Purple_BlitzXD

♥Heart of Ice♥
I do actually D: especially to my main team, hurts a tad inside when one of them faints in battle XD
I also remember this one time I accidently erased my saved file on my emerald game...don't ask how that happened....but let's just say that made me cry a tad inside D: twas a bit down that whole day because along with all the pokemon I had on there was my starter blaziken to which I grew very fond of ;-;

Red Raichu Returns

Raichu Enthusiast
Yes I have no idea why! In my white version, when I caught my axew
I already had six Pokemon, and was in need of sine dragon power.
The only feasible option was to remove my Scoutland from my team
who was my second Pokemon :'( tear tear.

If U Seek Amy

i am a god
Yes I have no idea why! In my white version, when I caught my axew
I already had six Pokemon, and was in need of sine dragon power.
The only feasible option was to remove my Scoutland from my team
who was my second Pokemon :'( tear tear.
I had to do something similar. I had gotten a hold of a Deino and wanted to have it on my team. I had to put my Stoutland in the PC which I was very fond of. I was pretty sad doing so. She held up so well in battling.

Red Raichu Returns

Raichu Enthusiast
I had to do something similar. I had gotten a hold of a Deino and wanted to have it on my team. I had to put my Stoutland in the PC which I was very fond of. I was pretty sad doing so. She held up so well in battling.

Exactly it's a pretty decent in-game Pokemon, and like you said it holds up so well in battle.

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
I do I feel like they're living breathing creatures. I get worry when they get poisoned and hope they don't faint before I get to the Pokemon Center. I get sad when they try hard and come up short. I feel bad when I have to leave to go to another region. I love my pokemon and get attached pretty easily especially if I put a lot of effort in training. I have a hard time parting ways too.

Typhoon_HG

Returning User
Once, I put a Pokemon from my team into my PC to trade with my brother, and when I went to put it back in my party I FREAKED out because I couldn't find it. I felt so relieved when I found it.
When I take a teammate or something to the friendship checker, it warms my heart when they have high/max friendship.

TabiPianist

'Dis ma game face!!
Yes! I totally do! My friends think its sad.