• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you get emotionally attached to your Pokemon?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
so If Ur game was for some reason deleted, and those Pokemon you worked so long and hard to level up are erased... It wouldn't hurt your feeling?

i know i'd die a little on the inside if that happened to me, especially since i put countless hours into my games.

when it comes to emotional feelings, it depends. if i'm feeling good and happy, i may feel happy to have my pokemon, because they're special to me. all 646 of them...

Nyter

Island Challenger
aww good

i know i'd die a little on the inside if that happened to me, especially since i put countless hours into my games.

when it comes to emotional feelings, it depends. if i'm feeling good and happy, i may feel happy to have my pokemon, because they're special to me. all 646 of them...

Now that's what I like to hear.

BuizelPidgeot

I do, i tend to get very attached to my pokemon. I have had mostly the same team since red

Nyter

Island Challenger
THEY should make a devide that transfers R/B/Y/G/S/C pokemon to the other generations...

I have some in Crystal I love dearly

HydroSwampert

Yes! I love some of my Pokemon a lot, especially my first Pokemon, now Joe , my Swampert in Sapphire! I also dearly love most of my Pokemon, especially my older Pokemon that I have had for longer, but I do love some of my newer Pokemon a lot too! I don't have any Pokemon in the older Games that I dearly love because they weren't my first Pokemon Games, I got them from garage sales, and I haven't played them much, mainly because I can't, as of now, get my Pokemon onto my newer Pokemon Games! I dearly love most, or all, of my Pokemon!

If U Seek Amy

i am a god
Finally, a thread like this! There is one Pokemon I have had since Fire Red. I caught it as a Pidgey and was at lvl. 3 and named him Flyger. I began leveling it up and it reached Lvl. 100 before any other Pokemon. I then transferred it to Diamond and when B/W came out, transferred it there. He is my prized Pokemon, and have never put it in my PC. I would probably be depressed for awhile if I had reset my game. I will never ever let go of him. He's special. (I know it sounds obsessive...)

Enviros

Banned
I bet everyone that gets emotionally to their Pokemon here are sad, lonely, neglected children that have no real friends, so they have to get attention from something. How sad.

Sure, I'd be mad if my data got erased and stuff but I wouldn't be crying because I lost my Pokemon, I'd just be mad that all the time I put into the game was put to waste... so no, I don't get attached to my Pokemon because they really have no value at all, they're just data.

If U Seek Amy

i am a god
I bet everyone that gets emotionally to their Pokemon here are sad, lonely, neglected children that have no real friends, so they have to get attention from something. How sad.

Sure, I'd be mad if my data got erased and stuff but I wouldn't be crying because I lost my Pokemon, I'd just be mad that all the time I put into the game was put to waste... so no, I don't get attached to my Pokemon because they really have no value at all, they're just data.

There's only one Pokemon like that to me which I told about earlier. But you don't need to be mean about it... But I agree with the whole crying if you lose it. I would just feel a little dead inside for awhile.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
There's only one Pokemon like that to me which I told about earlier. But you don't need to be mean about it... But I agree with the whole crying if you lose it. I would just feel a little dead inside for awhile.

i agree 100%. enjoying the game the way you want is your style only, and if you want to feel any bit of happiness for your pokemon no one should be able to stop you.

i may be one of the most obsessed you'll meet, but it's not like i'm not having a good life, having good friends, stuff like that.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Not really. To me they are just bits of code in my cartridge.

But I don't hold it against anyone that does.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Yes. It's half the fun for me to treat my Pokemon as partners in the game :3 That's part of why I actually like to EV train and level grind.

During 3rd gen, I've started a habit of bringing over all of my Pokemon to the newest game. There's a nostaglic feeling to that, and it's pretty cool to have an old Pokemon and bring him/her to a new gen with new moves and strategies for it. Right now in Black, it's like having a huge group of allies for the challenges that lie ahead for the series.

(Makes the Dex is easier to finish too since I tend to get a-lot of Pokemon with each game xD )

But there are ones that I breed/catch for trading that I leave in the box until someone wants to take it.

Last edited:

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Yes. It's half the fun for me to treat my Pokemon as partners in the game :3 That's part of why I actually like to EV train and level grind.

During 3rd gen, I've started a habit of bringing over all of my Pokemon to the newest game. There's a nostaglic feeling to that, and it's pretty cool to have an old Pokemon and bring him/her to a new gen with new moves and strategies for it. Right now in Black, it's like having a huge group of allies for the challenges that lie ahead for the series.

(Makes the Dex is easier to finish too since I tend to get a-lot of Pokemon with each game xD )

But there are ones that I breed/catch for trading that I leave in the box until someone wants to take it.

I do the same. When I get a new version I transfer all my old ones to the new version.

coolioness

That is Mahogany!
yes..... exept for my slaves that never leave the box, they will neva tell of what i did 2 dem 0.o (no evidence)

#Gecko#

The Essential One
No, that's crazy. I give some favoritism for my first starter in Emerald that I didn't delete over my other Pokemon, my Sceptile, when it comes to battling others, but that's about it. At the end of the day its just a game and there's no reason to be attached to Pokemon games other than the thrill of winning battles.

Absolutely. My first and favorite Pokemon was Torchirino the Blaziken, my starter from Sapphire, and I would be absolutely devastated if I ever lost him. They include Torchirino, Manny the Charizard (FireRed starter), Dr. Dude the Golem, Relic the Relicanth, and some Pokemon from HeartGold before I restarted that I wanted to save. Actually, if I use a Pokemon in more than three battles, I'll probably grow attached to it.

Except for legendaries. They are trophies and nothing more.

Last edited:
I tend to get upset when my pokemon faint especially my Darkrai. He (I give genderless pokemon genders) is my absolute favorite. I never release pokemon I hatched even though now I have 40 Ralts instead I am willing to trade to caring people. I don't transfer my favorite pokemon onto different games unless I have more than one.

My most loved pokemon in White are my samurott Tsunami, my gardevoir Starlight, my Gallade Blade Star, my darkrai, my cresselia, my shinies, my Dusclops Skull, my lucario Spike, and my mawile Carmilla. Most of my pokemon were raised from eggs. In HeartGold I have Toto the feraligatr, Rally the gallade, Cally the gardevoir, and Dusk the Dusknoir. Rally and Cally are Starlight's parents While Dusk is The father of Skull. In platinum I have Bubbles the Empoleon and some others.

Sorry about all the stuff about my pokemon but I'm very attached to them all.

Last edited:

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Yep. Even when I soft reset just to get the rught natures.

My Heart Gold version is the most emotracted, probably because I hardly evolved them.