• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you get emotionally attached to your Pokemon?

Nyter

Island Challenger
Hey

I bet everyone that gets emotionally to their Pokemon here are sad, lonely, neglected children that have no real friends, so they have to get attention from something. How sad.

Sure, I'd be mad if my data got erased and stuff but I wouldn't be crying because I lost my Pokemon, I'd just be mad that all the time I put into the game was put to waste... so no, I don't get attached to my Pokemon because they really have no value at all, they're just data.

EESH..

I wish you woulda said this the Mary Poppins way..

And hey I resent that! I have real friends.. Their names are Bianca and Cheren! LMAO!

When I catch someone in the Pokeball I want to catch them in.
I train them from the time I caught them to the time they reach level 100.
They are the ones who got me through the entire storyline.
They are the ones I wanted to form a team with.
It shouldn't be about numbers.
Just pure Pokemon.

arbiter7x

Brock Obama
When I catch someone in the Pokeball I want to catch them in.
I train them from the time I caught them to the time they reach level 100.
They are the ones who got me through the entire storyline.
They are the ones I wanted to form a team with.
It shouldn't be about numbers.
Just pure Pokemon.

yay poetry

Nyter

Island Challenger
Here's real poetry:

Cheri Berries are Red,
Oran Berries are Blue,
Pokemon are friends
to me and you!

Yeah, I got nothing! But there is a message!

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Does anyone try to make ALL 6 Pokemon take place in the Champion battle to make it more Epic?

Yeah, I did. I failed when my Blaziken got knocked out against Wallace's Gyarados.

I tend not to nickname Pokemon, mostly because I lack the creative genius to give them ones that I think are pathetic later. But the emotional attachment is weird; I only get attached to the six (or more) Pokemon I use on a regular basis.

I'm kind of emotionally attached to the Sawk I found in Pinwheel Forest and then used for the remainder of the game. Even though he's sitting in a box... >_>

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
I mainly get attached to shiny guys I catch and hatch but here are the only guys I got attached to:

Shiny Sceptile I raised from lv. 1, the first Porygon-Z I got, My Typhlosion on SoulSilver, My Haunter and Jigglypuff in Red, Skunfisk in White(haters gonna hate), Shiny Heatmor in White, Zoroark in White, Haxorus in White, Shiny Kyurem in White, Serperior named Prof. Snivy, Weavile, Floatzel, and an Absol.

Wow, that's a big list!XD

Ivyon

<333333
I do, I admit. I put a lot of work into some of my pokemon so why shouldn't I be attached to the dern lil databits? I mean, sure, according to some people it's lame and stupid and it makes me a friendless loser who will live in a basement forever somehow....but it's just how I enjoy the game so nuts to them. Besides, it's quite fun to do up little personalities and stories and comics for a team once I beat the game. Of course, I just like doing that in general, pokemon or not.

If U Seek Amy

i am a god
There are are three Pokemon I just love in my game. My shiny Mareep (Now Ampharos) that I took from Emerald into Diamond and then White which I encountered myself in the safari zone (I was scared that it would run away). I cloned a bunch and took the original with me to train. My Pidgeot, I have had him since Fire Red. I remember he was just level three when I got him. And finally, my shiny Metagross I got from the GTS on Diamond. I love them all so much, and am looking for another three Pokemon to complete my team of the Pokemon I love.

Pokemon Trainer Blue

Smell ya later!
*Years Ago*
Man do I LOVE my Alakazam
*finds out about Natures and IVs*
Oh it's Adamant and has a 3 in SPA and 6 in SPD...That's okay, I still love you Alakazam
*gets destroyed in Wifi battle*
Okay, screw it.
*Boxes Alakazam for good*

I kinda do, actually. I'm quite fond of my Blaziken from Ruby, the first Pokemon I ever got to level 100. Honestly, any Pokemon I've raised and kept (especially nicknamed) for more than a year or two has got a special place in my heart.

If U Seek Amy

i am a god
*Years Ago*
Man do I LOVE my Alakazam
*finds out about Natures and IVs*
Oh it's Adamant and has a 3 in SPA and 6 in SPD...That's okay, I still love you Alakazam
*gets destroyed in Wifi battle*
Okay, screw it.
*Boxes Alakazam for good*

About the whole thing on stats, my Pidgeot doesn't have the best stats either, but somehow seems to usually pull through for me.

Umbreon's Girl

Scolipede!!!
I've been playing since Red but I started getting attached to my Pokemon around Sapphire. Although in original Silver I had the most awesome Houndoom that I wish could have moved through the next generations with me. My cartridge still works, but I just wish she could have followed me to Hoenn and beyond.

Anyways, my Sapphire Pokemon have all moved forward to SoulSilver and I am pretty attached to my original E4 team. My amazing Walrein who won every single ribbon in the Hoenn beauty contests is actually the grandmother to my shiny Spheal on White.

Nicknaming has an impact on how much I like my Pokemon too. I nicknamed my entire White team. Before White, I had only nicknamed my Sapphire Pokemon (and in my Pearl Nuzlocke which I am still working on).

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
About the whole thing on stats, my Pidgeot doesn't have the best stats either, but somehow seems to usually pull through for me.

That goes for some of my Pokemon too.

Even still, I think that EV training is important for them :b If I don't train them, their potential is wasted. I'd really like to know why so many people think that it EV's are against being decent to one's Pokemon :s

lostboy

That goes for some of my Pokemon too.

Even still, I think that EV training is important for them :b If I don't train them, their potential is wasted. I'd really like to know why so many people think that it EV's are against being decent to one's Pokemon :s
Agreed! EV trained pokemon are ones to be proud of.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
It would suck If I put effort and time into raising them and somehow magically got erased. Might not play the game for for a while cause I'm upset, but in all honesty I'd just raise them again because I've already done it once so why not.