• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you get emotionally attached to your Pokemon?

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
Yes. you wont believe what my reaction was when my white (with 3 years of SS and training on it) was lost on the bus when my son brung it to school.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Hmm, I guess. (Or maybe its the feeling with something you spent a lot of time and effort on, like save files (but then again, I always believe you can never get the same exact Pokemon, so its more special then just simple save files))

Nyter

Island Challenger
Ok excuse me for being a n00b but... what is a Nuzlocke Challenge?

ON TOPIC: It's hard for me to be attached to just 6 Pokemon... I've won many championships with so many.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
That's what makes the game fun, the emotional investment. The excitement you get when you find a special Pokemon at a special time, when you find a shiny, it is a bit emotional.

And I value Pokemon I get from my friends especially. Since Pokemon Pearl I wait until a special occasion to raise my favorite Pokemon to Lv. 100, like a birthday, or a holiday, or in a limo during my friend's graduation. So yeah I'm sentimental about them.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Only the ones that I've had for a really long time, the ones that I've spent a ton of time training (like my level 100 Articuno from Leaf Green), and shinies.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
I do. I mean, I REALLY do. I've had my starter since 2005, and I hate for him to erase. I play the games out more or less like a story: a story that I've had for 5 21/2 years. I've put so much time and effort into these Pokemon (and believe me, I know this sounds weird because they're just pixels) that I'd be devastated even if I lost one. They're part of my childhood and that's something I don't want to lose. It makes me who I am. Plus, it'll be nice to go back in twenty years and look at all the Pokemon I trained and the memories I had.

Frog Of Steel

Quirky Nature
To my main party, a little. Also if a pokemon wins a lot of battles for me I of course like it more.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
I always get attached to my favourite ones but when it evolves I don't care about it anymore. Like Ralts, Duskull and Snorunt.

Purple_BlitzXD

♥Heart of Ice♥
I do actually D: especially to my main team, hurts a tad inside when one of them faints in battle XD
I also remember this one time I accidently erased my saved file on my emerald game...don't ask how that happened....but let's just say that made me cry a tad inside D: twas a bit down that whole day because along with all the pokemon I had on there was my starter blaziken to which I grew very fond of ;-;

Red Raichu Returns

Raichu Enthusiast
Yes I have no idea why! In my white version, when I caught my axew
I already had six Pokemon, and was in need of sine dragon power.
The only feasible option was to remove my Scoutland from my team
who was my second Pokemon :'( tear tear.

If U Seek Amy

i am a god
Yes I have no idea why! In my white version, when I caught my axew
I already had six Pokemon, and was in need of sine dragon power.
The only feasible option was to remove my Scoutland from my team
who was my second Pokemon :'( tear tear.

I had to do something similar. I had gotten a hold of a Deino and wanted to have it on my team. I had to put my Stoutland in the PC which I was very fond of. I was pretty sad doing so. She held up so well in battling.

Red Raichu Returns

Raichu Enthusiast
I had to do something similar. I had gotten a hold of a Deino and wanted to have it on my team. I had to put my Stoutland in the PC which I was very fond of. I was pretty sad doing so. She held up so well in battling.

Exactly it's a pretty decent in-game Pokemon, and like you said it holds up so well in battle.

Pokealchoholic

Pokemon Expert
I do I feel like they're living breathing creatures. I get worry when they get poisoned and hope they don't faint before I get to the Pokemon Center. I get sad when they try hard and come up short. I feel bad when I have to leave to go to another region. I love my pokemon and get attached pretty easily especially if I put a lot of effort in training. I have a hard time parting ways too.

Typhoon_HG

Returning User
Once, I put a Pokemon from my team into my PC to trade with my brother, and when I went to put it back in my party I FREAKED out because I couldn't find it. I felt so relieved when I found it.
When I take a teammate or something to the friendship checker, it warms my heart when they have high/max friendship.

TabiPianist

'Dis ma game face!!
Yes! I totally do! My friends think its sad.