• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you get emotionally attached to your Pokemon?

Arceus Shadow

Got Shinies?
I'd cry, really really hard, if anything happened to my pokemon. Like previous posters, they are like stuffed animals, pets, even friends. I did lose my firered (not physically. I got the ar action replay and it glitched it up so badly that it doesn't even load on the gameboy anymore), which was the first game I had ever gotten, and I cried for a long time.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I'd cry, really really hard, if anything happened to my pokemon. Like previous posters, they are like stuffed animals, pets, even friends. I did lose my firered (not physically. I got the ar action replay and it glitched it up so badly that it doesn't even load on the gameboy anymore), which was the first game I had ever gotten, and I cried for a long time.

I feel you. Strange how Pokemon plays off our emotions.

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
This thread reminds me of my family of Absol... The dad, the mom, and their four offspring...

Back in Emerald, I'd get really attached to my Pokemon. It was mostly because I'd let my imagination run wild with the game and create my own dialogue and stories within the game. How I wish my imagination could still be like that...

Nyter

Island Challenger
This thread reminds me of my family of Absol... The dad, the mom, and their four offspring...

Back in Emerald, I'd get really attached to my Pokemon. It was mostly because I'd let my imagination run wild with the game and create my own dialogue and stories within the game. How I wish my imagination could still be like that...

It can't cause this is the best way to play the game. Pokemon rock socks!

furret-san

Not anymore... not in white, or even in pearl, blue and crystal yes, I really liked my furret and drowzee and was rpud of them both... but i have never talked to them ^_^"

Vulken

The OD of the OG
Only under certain circumstances. Like my very first Pokemon I got 10 years ago, it will always have a very special place in my Pokeheart. ;_;

Vulken

The OD of the OG
what game was it in?

Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow. And actually, didn't that come out in '99 in the US? So yeah, that was about 12 years ago then. 'Tis a shame you can't migrate Gen I/II Pokes to Gen III and up.

PalmerDawn

True Beauty
My Diamond game is the only one I got REALLY attached to. All the others I can restart without a problem.

I worked hard to raise my team! The Pokèmon on my team are like my friends so sometimes I grumble on about something or other to them while training or rearranging Pokemon in boxes.

Even though all my Pokemon are'nt on my team I still arrange my boxes nicely & try to make it look nice.

I got attached because I've spent 5+ years on my Diamond lol

Nyter

Island Challenger
Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow. And actually, didn't that come out in '99 in the US? So yeah, that was about 12 years ago then. 'Tis a shame you can't migrate Gen I/II Pokes to Gen III and up.

OMG I still have my crystal game!
I pray for the day Nintendo introduces a device that will transfer Gen 1 & 2 Pkmn to Gen 5.

Nintendo would pull the epic of epicness EVARRR!

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest

Yeah :/ I was trying for weeks to get Poke's from my Gen1-2 to my Gen 3 XD
I was dumb..and looked it up in Google after a month..felt stupid XD nya~

Ray-X

<=Lord Sabretooth
I almost cried when I finished the mystery dungeons.