• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you give your party HM's or use HM slaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nana

I use HM slaves. :/ Sometimes I'll teach Surf and Fly to Pokemon on my roster, but I didn't do that in Platinum.

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
HM slaves were the best thing that ever happened to me:

I used 2 HM slaves in Platinum

Bibarel
Aerodactyl

I will probably just transfer these two to HG/SS
This way I can focus on building a strong team with good move-sets.

OR I will do this...

I give my pokemon HMs.

but:
i make a exception for HMs like Flash and Defog, since they are virtually useless in battle. i pull out a pokemon with that move when i need it.

Last edited:

Volteon

Back I guess??
Moving this to My DPPt games.

aaand answering. HMSlaves all the time :B

#Gecko#

The Essential One
I use HM slaves. Aerodactyl and Bibarel do for me. Although I used to use Tropius.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku

Normally, since Fly and Surf are pretty good in battle, my Charizard and Kyogre have Fly and Surf, respectively. So if I am going to stay in a specific area, like the Battleground, I take the Pokemon I am going to train with me, and pack the HM Slaves away in the PC. If I am going to go into the field and train, I just take Bibarel, because it has Rock Slide, Strength, and Rock Smash, just what I need in a cave.

I also use Staravia (In Pearl) and Skarmory (In Platinum) for Flying.

madelyn

Thinks with Portals
At first I taught HM's to my party. When I arrived at Canalave City (move deleter), I began using HM slaves. :D

Champion Shirona

Fly,WaterFall and Surf,they are teh best.
Rock Smash,Cut,don use them
Anyway,i use alot of Hm slaves.like the ground types who can use Surf,Cut,Strength,Rock Smash.Bibarel is okay.I never did it on Platinum.

HM Slaves.. with the exception of Fly and Surf. I don't usually mind giving Fly or Surf to something on my team for in game. Waterfall is good too. When it comes to Strength, Cut, etc though I am used to having a 5 party "team" and 1 HM slave.

scarecrow_stitches

blissfully dead
I keep all the HMs on my team, and I disperse them through different pokemon. However I do have a trusty Slaking who is an HM slave for my non-hm teams.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I dont like the idea of HM slave on my team because they take up unessery spots on my team. I'd rather have six pokemon with 3 good moves then 4 pokemon with 4 good moves. what I do is teach HM's spread out through my team but I try not to do Defog becouse it is worthless in battle and possible to play without.

Harmony

PurplePokemonTrainer
i use hms in my party, the only time i use an hm slave is for rock smash and rock climb but other than than i've been able to incorporate them nicely into my team

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I only give two HMs at the most to two of my Pokemon team members. Surf and Fly. Any others go to an HM slave.

Both

Only the weak HMs do I teach pokemon that are referred to as "HM Slaves." Moves like Cut and Whirlpool are not strong enough to use against strong opponents, and the stronger members of my party would most of the time be almost wasting a move when using them. I teach my stronger pokemon moves like Strength and Surf to wipe out opponents. As far as Fly goes, there are other more powerful flying-type moves out there, like Drill Peck and the sort. Plus, I hate using Fly when my pokemon is confused or has any other status condition. :/ Rock Climb isn't that bad but I hate its accuracy and its amount of PP.

~-Falcon-~

Keyblade Master
i have HM Slaves.
Except for some of my pokemon that know some HMs that are useful.

like my starmie knows waterfall because its powerful

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Apart from the usage of Surf, Waterfall, Fly and Strength I will revert to the methods of my Australian Colonial ancestors and use slavery. Yes how amoral of me to "enslave" pokemon Ihihihihihihihi!!!!

Lightey

Usually just teach Surf, Fly, and Strength to my party, and then use an HM Slave for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.