• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you guys like this?

pokefan04

What do you guys think about nicknames? I personally don't use them, but what you do think?

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I occasionally do. I named my Mudkip and Swampert Sqirt and my Blaziken Blazey and my Charizard Genius.

Zatch 89

I actually nickname ALL of my pokemon. I just feel closer to them because they have the names that I gave them and no trainers in-game have pokemon with nicknames so it makes mine feel unique. ^_^

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I actually nickname ALL of my pokemon. I just feel closer to them because they have the names that I gave them and no trainers in-game have pokemon with nicknames so it makes mine feel unique. ^_^
In the anime, Flannery had a Slugma named Slag and a Magcargo named Mag.

Grei

not the color
Usually I do, but a lot of the times, I waste time trying to think of a name that truly fits the Pokemon.

I wasted the good part of an hour trying to think of a nickname for my male Shellos. I couldn't nickname it Mari, Shelly or Aqua, those are girl nicknames. I couldn't name it Shelldon, it sounded weird.

Eventually, I thought of the name Aquos, which is the name of some TV company that [supposedly] produces crystal-clear visuals. Plus, it sounded like Aqua, so I stuck to it.

And personally, I feel like Aquos would've been a better name for it than Aqua.

So, even though it is a bit of a time-waster, I've nicknamed my Pokemon. It makes them unique.

Last edited:

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
I always nickname my Pokemon. Always. The all-caps names look stupid. Nicknames also just make them more interesting.

I nickname some, like a pokemon that i think i would like to use regulary or a pokemon that im really fond of, but just like Grei mentioned, i have also wasted copious amounts of time trying to think of the perfect nickname. Although i came up with Blade (as in blade of grass) for my Turtwig in Platinum in about 3 seconds but the name ha kinda grown on me now and i really like it!

I don't have anything against nicknaming Pokemon, but don't nickname them myself lol. I'm too lazy, and I don't see much of a point to it either. At least it makes the game more enjoyable though! It is fun to see other nicknames that trainers give their Pokemon, especially when I trade over the GTS. I know some friends that nickname all of their Pokemon, but I guess it is just a fun habit. :p Too bad the name rater doesn't really rate the nicknames; it would be a lot more interesting if he had different things to say about certain nicknames.

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
I never use nicknames. But they can be really funny. Once on wifi I battled someone who had a blastoise named Fat Tony. I laughed so hard when I saw that xD

Erienne

Anime high :D
I almost always nickname my Pokemon, because then they are special to me. I sometimes name the exact same Pokemon across different gamesets the exact same thing, like my Blissey Vivienne, my Gardevoir Genevieve, my Infernape Cully, and my Gallade Perles. That's the French word for Pearl, by the way.

I named my Empoleon Calcifer for some odd reason, I don't know why.

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
It sound sbetter but if I'm in a hurry or the Pokemon isn't going to be used for anything other than a trading/HM slave, no, i don't. But otherwise, with my good ones, i name em...except Legendaries, except on occasion...

Anytyme23

I once nicknamed a male ponyta Well Hung. Some will get it others wont lol.