• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you have any friends that play Pokémon?

HoundoomMR

Second Sage of Water
All of my (possibly former) best friends have played Pokemon, are good fans of Pokemon, and have a basic idea of competitive battling, although they are not into it. Some of my other classmates play it, too.

Arbok4Ever

A few friends of mine have Pokémon. Much fun.

I actually know a lot of people who play it at least once in a while (I'm 17, in high school)
Of my closest friends, two play frequently. One likes discussing competitive battling, too. The other is more casual about it, but he's faithful to the series.
I also know plenty of other people who play, whether they're extremely casual or dedicated fans. Since I run cross-country and play in multiple bands, I even know people from other grades that play it

I don't, thank goodness. I'm not a very attentive person, so it bugs me when the tell me about their "latest catch" or whatever.

teh_original_pikachu

Don't use my avi -_-
Like 2 friends of mine play pokemon, not competitively or anything... just to play it. But they're both weirdos.

Dr. Classy

Only RN with a PhD
Got plenty of friends who play, we wanted too start a clan, but we ran into a wall trying to figure out how to get it approved lol.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I have a sizable amount of friends who play Pokemon. My girlfriend is kind of into it, three of my best friends from 5 years ago are into it (though I don't really talk to one of them anymore, and the two don't talk to me frequently anymore). One of my best friends from last year got into Pokemon cos of her boyfriend, who also became my friend. All of them are now in the States now while I'm in Japan. And none of them are as into Pokemon as I am, so they all have other likes that they'd like to talk about. Barring the two podcast hosts, although they don't talk to me as much until we're actually recording.

And then I made some friends while I was here, who are here in Japan right now. Two of them are into Pokemon, although one hasn't played since Ruby and Sapphire, while the other is only casually interested. Both talk to me about Pokemon quite a bit, but not a whole lot.

But then my twitter followers who I made friends with because of the Podcast and they talk a lot about Pokemon. So that's cool. :)

Mister_SGG

This thread is sad :(

I feel you. Several of my old Pokebuddies think I'm gay because I'm still playing Pokemon. Bear in mind that these are my rivals from only a year ago, and they consider me a homo for liking Pokemon and not CoD. Ah, hypocrisy.

I play COD, but admittedly it sucks. I hate people that go around acting like it's the coolest sh*t out there and make fun of Pokemon.

Airvic

Scizor's Trainer
I have like only 1 friend I know in person that plays pokemon. I also have 2 cousins that play i got them into it. I wish i knew more people to play with

SneaselClaw

My brother-in-law plays Pokemon when new games come out, but usually doesn't go back to them much.
I have to rely on online friends who play Pokemon for trades and such, otherwise I just try and have two DS's and trade between my own games.

Airvic

Scizor's Trainer
My brother-in-law plays Pokemon when new games come out, but usually doesn't go back to them much.
I have to rely on online friends who play Pokemon for trades and such, otherwise I just try and have two DS's and trade between my own games.
If you need another friend to trade or talk to feel free to ask me, i find it hard to find people my age that play pkmn most think im weird or dont expect me to play cause i am physically active

SneaselClaw

If you need another friend to trade or talk to feel free to ask me, i find it hard to find people my age that play pkmn most think im weird or dont expect me to play cause i am physically active

Well, my other problem is that my wifi and DS don't work well together, I have to keep changing the wifi settings to get on, but means I can't use anything else on wireless. So I'm waiting until I get a new DS that can support my wifi before I get more active in Pokemon.

Airvic

Scizor's Trainer
I get what you mean i have to change my settings to get on wifi so i finally just left it so i can always use my ds to get online

I have one friend that's into Pokémon, but he doesn't understand the more complicated concepts such as EV training or IV breeding or even natures. The one thing I hate about him is his 'My Pokémon can kick your Pokémon's a**es without breaking a sweat' attitude he always has.

^This. Same here. Except that he has a friend (my friend too, but his best friend) that doesn't know about Pokémon much, but he's not bragging

Last edited:

KingBishMan

The Steel Deal
My brothers still play but as far as friends, not anymore or never did.

No one makes fun of me for it though like some of you have said. That's kinda sad that someone would make fun of another person for doing something they enjoy. Im 25 years old, have 2 kids, play semi pro football and I play pokemon with my kids and I play in the locker room before games lol. Actually a lot of my teammates get a kick outta the fact that im this big guy that plays football, has children, all tattooed up and my favorite to do in my spare time is play with my kids and play pokemon.

To the person who said they get called gay. Don't listen to em, those are the people who are insecure with themselves. Keep doing what you love and surround yourself with people who care about you as a person. It's a game for christs sake, some people are just immature and stupid.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
I have several friends in college who played pokemon before, and a couple of them still play the originals on emulators. I also have a couple friends who have played BW, but none that take it too seriously.