• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you have any regrets on D/P?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostelle

vicious opportunist
Mine would probably be helping my cousin out by giving him an entire team of perfectly bred and EV trained pokemon to counter my own instead of making him breed for himself. He'll probably never even try it now.

He also won half of our matches yesterday and I no longer like Gyarados/Salamence/Heracross/Tyranitar.

Phrexyian Garguantua

Gyarados Tamer
Not EV training any of my Pokemon, so I had to rehatch them and trade away other good Pokemon to get the TM's I needed.

Enheritance

Dragon Trainer
Not knowing what EV means.

That would actually be another regret of mine. I didnt know what it was until recently, so it's kinda hard trying to do it to my pokemon team now :/

CRAZIE_GUY

Team Advent Leader
hmm... I used my stealth rock on the wrong thing... I trained a quiet natured porygon-z, I sold off a number of possibly handy battle items to ease my pain in scrolling to the bottom of the warehouse that is my backpack, I don't have the patience to breed for those insane 31/30/30/31/31 etc IV combos to get the best possible IVs for a given hidden power, Master Ball'd Dialga cuz it was my only ball, spent hours upon hours perfecting my game that will all be for naught when Platinum comes out and becomes my main version....

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
I used the Dragon Pulse TM on a migrated Kingdra before I knew that it learned it naturally. I used the Roost TM on an in-game Staraptor. I used the Shadow Claw TM on an Absol before I knew it learned Night Slash.

Lostelle

vicious opportunist
hmm... I used my stealth rock on the wrong thing... I trained a quiet natured porygon-z, I sold off a number of possibly handy battle items to ease my pain in scrolling to the bottom of the warehouse that is my backpack, I don't have the patience to breed for those insane 31/30/30/31/31 etc IV combos to get the best possible IVs for a given hidden power, Master Ball'd Dialga cuz it was my only ball, spent hours upon hours perfecting my game that will all be for naught when Platinum comes out and becomes my main version....

I know what you mean. I almost resent ever having started breeding for a perfectly suitable Rioli (30 hours and 400 eggs, so far) but I really want to have a great Lucario. I actually quit at one point and began EV training a decent Rioli, but I got to level three and couldn't stand the thought of it anymore. Who knows, maybe I'll eventually hatch a new shiny.

not resetting the pokeradar when i reached 40 as i find it hard to get to chains of 40

then breaking the chain without finding a shiny

Dragonisfire

Terra Master
Not really on D/P beside using the Energy Ball and Ice Beam TMs on a useless -spatt natured Cress...

On XD however, deleting Baton Pass off of a Modest Zapdos really does make you cry...

Loony

The what?
I regret restarting my Diamond, with my only ever shiny (magneton) on it, and my friends rayquaza, he gave me a right earful! I had also just completed the game for my first time, and had caught and pal park'd ALOT of pokemon.

Using my Masterball on Palkia. :(

lol same. cept with me it was dialga :/
i also didn't ev train a mischevious modest empoleon... wish i had.

Titan

The Fighter
My biggest regret is using my masterball on palkia. I also regret not trying to get a shiny starter.

Lostelle

vicious opportunist
I regret migrating a bunch of my high leveled pokemon from Emerald to Diamond.

That reminds me. I was first a little bitter about my near perfect IV'd Gardevoir (the only pokemon who took half as long as the Lucario I'm working on) lost the ability to use Fire Punch effectively. Sure, it isn't meant to work as a sweeper, but it outran most everything on the Battle Frontier anyway.

In fact, I hated the physical/special attack split for about a month over Gardevoir's loss and the newly physical dark type attacks hitting her average defense harder.

Thor's Beard

I didn't EV train my shiny jolly crobat or my shiny adamant buizel... I have sleepless nights over not doing that...

Status
Not open for further replies.