• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you have any regrets on D/P?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metamence

-I wasted time training a Chingling, thinking it would evolve into something cool...
-I migrated my event Mew to D/P, before I knew that I could've cloned it in Emerald...
-I raised some of my best Pokemon over Lv50...only to find out that I can't use Lv50+ Pokemon in the upcoming Pokemon Video Game Showdown Qualifier Tournament!

u could clone mew via gts glitch just to let u know.

Metamence

I gave my perfectly ev trained charizard and some other pokemon to my friend and when i battle him he uses my pokemon against me sigh

grr7950m

Special Sweeper
I have several regrets, they would be:

1) not ev training my lvl 100 impish swampert that had great Ivs, it took me a while to fix this one...
2) teaching my registeel stealth rock, I have found many better users of the move since. ( fixed the problem by buying diamond)
3) Not using pokemon with the synchronize ability to catch competitive pokemon (it takes FOREVER if you don't use synchronizers)
4) trading away my 1st starter this gen, I still miss my poor Torterra :(

You COULD save the poor swampert: give it 10 Proteins (and other EV boosting stuff), and deposit into PC, then withdraw.
Pokemon's stats are re-calculated when deposited in the PC. So if you take your Swampert back, it will have a higher Attack. This worked in Sapphire, and I believe it works in D/P.

WhyteMage

Not many regrets, if any. I'm pretty cautious with what I do, and I never trade (other than the Ho-oh and the shiny Palkia I got from here).

I can't find a waterstone underground on diamond even though I have around 5 on pearl. Never gives me what I want when I want it (for my Eevee).

It was probably finding out that the PBR gifts were one-time only. That was pretty saddening. Now I'll have to find elaborate breeding chains if I want something with dark pulse...

Manix

Another round?
I don't have many...aside from having my lv100 kyogre migrated. Its sucks, and I need a second...wait, I have one on sapphire...
Regretting EV training sometimes. Especially when you forget to save...

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
The only regret I have is my OT name. I was a noob back then, and I gave my DP character a noob name. And now I have all these good pokemon with a noob OT!

T_T_T

Also, I regret random-training my Darkrai. It now has all these ******-up EVs...

richard

Fire Master
I had regretted picking Piplup as my starter. I had the worst adventure of my life.T_T

Ubernational

Top coordinator
I regret rushing through Diamond just to get to pal park :mad: I now really want to restart but cant because I just chained a bunch of dittos with perfect Ivs to pass down and have 20 shinys.

I also feel like a sellout because I cloned all my TMS and rarecandies on wi fi.

ampharosys

i'm Ampharos, hug me
I regret buying pearl instead of diamond. Worst exclusives ever, besides Salamence. I guess thats why we trade -_-'

Silver83

Mine would be teaching good tms to pokemon I don't use or end up trading away. Another would be regretting trading pokemon that I was attached too such as a lopunny that I leveled up, taught 2 fight moves to and then took to the pokemon league. Another thing was spelling my OT with all small letters :/

RICH

not putting garchomp on my team

xXBloodstainedLieXx

IT'S ALL THE RAGE!
Restarting the game and never touching it for 2 months. I don't even have the desire to start playing it that much anymore.

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
not devoting more time to playing, especially shiney hunting. though i have no issue getting them randomly, i just wish i had the time to sit go pokedar it. not training more of my pokemon upto level 100, i used to get alot of pokemon to that level and now i only have 2 at that level.

The only thing I really regret doing on Pearl is using my Master Ball on Palkia. xD

Cutty

Forever now
I regret forgetting to teach Baton pass to my 2 of shiny Espeons.

EnteiFirecracker

Destiny Calls
I regret:
1. Not re-starting again and again until I got a shiny starter/legendary
2. Putting Manaphy on my Diamond because I want to start over
3. Picking Chimchar as my Starter

HOMG

<<< Pimp
not paying attention 2 my chain :(

I was chaining pidgey and I restarted the chain. The sound was off. I walked into a normal patch second and just kept bashing A without looking at the screen. Just as I saw the words "Floatzel used Ice Fang" I realised it was shiny :(
I was angry for the rest of the night :(

EDIT: I also regret dropping my DS thus ruining the hinge. For 7 months the screen had colour retardations. It recently gave up hope and will not stay on for longer than 2 seconds. I did manage to get quite a few shinies even with the crap screen. I'm now without a DS...jealous much? ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.