• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you have any regrets on D/P?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
8) Miss spelling names on poke I know I can't change.

If you meant you've nicknamed a Pokemon and you misspelled it, you can change it with the help of the Name Rater in-game, unless it's a traded/Pal Parked Pokemon......

One of my regrets is not SRing for a Palkia & Chimchar with good Nature.
Now I have to get Platinum for Palkia, and I'm stuck with a neutral-Nature Infernape as I'm too lazy to get another one :D

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
My regret

Diamond: Hardly raising any of my pokemon that have great potential like Larvitar or Dragonair etc.

Pearl: Accidently trading my EV trained 31 IV Sp. Atk Shiny Ho-oh for a hacked Shiny Mew on the GTS.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Pearl: Accidently trading my EV trained 31 IV Sp. Atk Shiny Ho-oh for a hacked Shiny Mew on the GTS.
Dude, that really does suck. For my Diamond it was migrating a hacked Celebi to my game for the dex entry. Now I've got it, but I hate having the thought of knowing it's not legit.

Respirator23

I Like Cereal too.
Well, unfortunetly, I have a few.
First, was teaching flamethrower on Infernape whem I figured out it could learn it with a heart scale( i think uncomfirmed)
Second, not really giving a rat's behind about IVs.
Thirdly, was giving my friend an actual good Adamant natured Bagon when I realized that i could've used it for myself.
Thus, I have made it my accomplishment to correct these bad mistakes.

skillwise

Paul's fan
mine was buying pearl (i had diamond) and trading good pokemon from diamond to pearl then lost pearl while cleaning up the house :(
it had 4 boxs of shinies that came from diamond! oh also lost my emerald in the same time and lost tonnes of shinies and abilitiy to clone and give for little to nothing :(

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
mine was buying pearl (i had diamond) and trading good pokemon from diamond to pearl then lost pearl while cleaning up the house :(
it had 4 boxs of shinies that came from diamond! oh also lost my emerald in the same time and lost tonnes of shinies and abilitiy to clone and give for little to nothing :(

Oh, that's terrible!

Nickprovs

I have what you need
Traded, in bought back

I traded in diamond to get another game, a month later I regretted and bought it back, Play it like everyday.

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
I reget not reseting at all for good natures starter/diagla and racking up 500 hours and 20 LV. 100 before I learnt to EV train.... so much wasted time...

Gallade20772

GAME OVER.
I regret teaching my Rayquaza (How do you pronounce it? Ray-quah-za or
Ray-quay-za?) fly. I have found SO many other moves to teach it instead.

Gallade20772

GAME OVER.
I regret teaching my Rayquaza (How do you pronounce it? Ray-quah-za or
Ray-quay-za?) fly. I have found SO many other moves to teach it instead.

i know what you mean!

OK..Thinking a normal Stunky was shiny?

oh my gosh! i so know what you are talking about i once did that with gyardos and caught a bunch, then looked on the internet and found out they were blue all along(the 2nd gen games confused me with the red gyardos in lake of rage lol)

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Something similar to that happened to me: I lost my Diamond cartridge, which had an Event Darkrai on it for an entire summer. One of my friends found it lodged in the cushions of the couch the day we were going to move out of that house (we only lived there for the summer). I was soooooooo happy. XP

Regrets? Hmm... None, really, other than the fact that it's slowly eating away all of my time. XP

EDIT: Actually, there is one regret I have: Not thinking about natures or IVs until after I defeated the Elite Four in Diamond. However, I plan on doing extensive breeding with everything I normally use until I have the desired results, then training those pokemon in Pearl. Cuz I'm a genius. ^_^

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
It's not much of a regret, but more of a time-waster: yesterday I was going into Stark Mountain to catch Heatran (it's been waiting for a while) so I went in, searched and searched for Heatran for at least an hour, then found out I had to talk to Buck in the Fight Area before I could catch it, lol. It was annoying, but I caught Heatran in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.