• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you have certain beleifs that you hold to when you battle?

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
I know that every trainer is different so this should be interesting..

Arceus94

I always try to avoid HP loss by usng my recovery move at least every two turns xD

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
It's to overwhelm my opponents and try to give heavy damage to them. I usually make a strategy so I can cover whatever weaknesses I have, even if the team is all of the same type.

Lesquid

I use DOTs. Sleep, poison, leech seed, absorb and flash.

I like to sleep my opponent, then flas their accuracy down or all the way down, use leech seed if I have it, poison and then absorb.

Or use a ghost pokemon, use confusion, sleep and dream eater.

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
I kinda have like a honor code of sorts like i wont sucker punch to victory..i dont even use it. I wont use pokemon like blissey and regice since theyre too strong in the teirs that they are currently in. Even when i play random wifi i dont put more than one pokemon to sleep. I dont use a revolving door by switching my pokemon in and out of battle..Those are just a few of them :)

epic man

STOP ACTA EVERYWHERE
when in a wild battle and i try to catch a pokemon i mash A until i hear a click! anddd always have one wall per. team to pivot health!

Jefko

almost completed Dex
i never use more pkm than my opponent has

yeminied

-Never use items in battle.
-Use the same number of Pokémon the Gym Leader/Elite Four has.

It makes the game more fun and challenging

Hmm..I dunno. I like to use sleep clause. But then again, my opponents are usually my close friends and they're nowhere near as good at battling as I am so they never switch for whatever reason and that causes me to faint whatever I sleep. Maybe I should teach them about clerics and whatnot...

But uhh...hmm. I dunno. I play by the rules but I'm all about boosting stats and hitting hard. I also love a good mix of offense and defense which is why Scrafty is my favorite Pokemon since it's naturally bulky and it hits hard after a couple Dragon Dances.

I think the best feeling in a battle ever though is completely crippling my opponent with T-Wave and Will-o-Wisp. I use those more than sleep since I'm just sadistic like that I suppose. :p

Yeah, I'm all about messing with my opponent's heads and then slamming them down with full force.

Kalosian

So long
None that I can think of. I just play the games without thinking of any different playstyles. I try to avoid useless moves though, and I don't play using Pokemon that I don't like.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
That too make sure I have decent status and movesets along with the right natures and not having all my pokemon males and using both the male and female types of the pocket monsters So yeah.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If a Pokemon that is a type advantage to my current Pokemon comes out, I keep him/her fighting.

barak446

If a Pokemon that is a type advantage to my current Pokemon I use any moves like spore, toxic, then stat raising moves and then hope to ko 1 hit...

Pikapwned3

Mr. Pringles
Use offensive attacks like there is no tomorrow. I either use a potion or a healing move to get my H up if its below a quarter. I'm OCD about HP that way. It all started when I was freaking owned by May (out of Mauville) because I had suckish Pokemon.

Motto: It doesn't matter if you suck, just don't let your Pokemon faint!

Arceus94

Stalling with Leech Seed, Toxic, Spikes etc. and some decent recovery.
And I use my favorite moves to finish them off~