1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have many friends or are you a loner?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by Ryan7437, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Ryan7437

Ryan7437 Banned

I have like four real friends, but I am really nervous so I've never had them over to my house because I get really nervous and can't talk. I am a loner and prefer Internet > My life becuase I can be who I want. Nobody IRL except my parents/family know I even like Pokemon. So I can really be myself.

Ho about you?

2. AnakBaé

AnakBaé Well-Known Member

Nice topic right there.
    I'm enjoy both honestly. I have a solid number of best IRL buddies throughout my life, but sometimes I prefer doing things by myself. Mainly because I hate dependency.

3. Deadly.Braviary

Deadly.Braviary Well-Known Member

I've got lots of friends IRL, but I'm only very close to three or four of them. On the Internet, I do have some friends but not a lot.

~Deadly

4. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

I had a bunch of "friends"up until we finished high school. Then we all kinds drifted apart and went our own ways. I still see a few around town, but I make not effort hang out with anyone atm.

5. swedefish

swedefish Grass Trainer

I don't know, to be honest. I have Asperger's Syndrome (or Autism Spectrum Disorder as it's called nowadays) and I am terrible at judging these sorts of things. There are quite a few people whose company I enjoy and I hope they enjoy mine as well, but I also know that I am terrible at maintaining friendships. However, having many friends is irrelevant, what matters is whether or not one feels lonely. I often say that the best thing about Aperger's is that I just don't have the same need as other people to have social relations and that I am rather happy when I'm by myself. I often use the isolation cell as an example: it's supposed to be torturous because humans are social beings, but to me it sounds like a super neat thing that I'd have absolutely no problem with as long as I'd get to bring some books or a least some paper to write on, lol.

6. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

I have a lot of friends, but I'm honestly not that close to a lot of them. I hang out with them, joke around with them, and we do stuff together, but we don't really rely on each other emotionally. Like, I tend to drift in between groups of friends. I have about two close friends that are relatively constant though.

7. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

Eh... I don't mind being alone sometimes, but I like being with a company of a few people when I need to. I don't exactly have close friends, honestly, though I have the one friend whom I try to Skype with once a week. The only friends I really seem to make an effort to keep in touch with are Internet friends.

8. Rezzo

Rezzo Donkey Kong is here

I can't be bothered with most people at the moment. Some particular people have been treating me like ****, so I haven't been in the greatest of moods when going out

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  9. Shadow XD001

Shadow XD001 Silver Soul

I'd say I have a decent amount of friends. I don't hang out with my friends everyday, but it is nice to talk at school and such.

10. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Well-Known Member

I have friends, but ever since I graduated Highschool we have all went our separate ways. I still hang out with some of them or talk to them on Facebook from time to time. When I was in school I was hanging out with people almost 24/7. Nowadays, I spend most of my time at home, or at work, or outside playing basketball.

11. Zazie

Zazie So 1991

I had a pretty respectable amount of friends up until about a month ago. Much as what Plus side down side said above, I was pretty loose when it came to friends.

I have been pretty isolated this past month however and there is a lot **** going on, so I have only been really seeing a handful of people. I am not really sure whether I will still be hanging out with a lot people I was just a month ago in the future.

12. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

I have a lot of friends in real life but at the moment I can't speak with them since I'm busy during the night and I'm tired during the day. Because of that, we have to speak through Aim, MSN, Skype, etc until the end of summer.

I don't have any friends online. Well, one friend but she's inactive online and my other online friends don't come on anymore. So essentially none.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  13. facetious

facetious machtverfilzung

"I'm an Aspie so I have an excuse for not having friends."

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

14. I have many friends in real life which is why I love school :3

I'm just talkative,hyper,random, and sweet which probably makes me an easy person to talk to >w<

Uh In Serebii i'm very weary on who I friend because one wrong decision and BOOM your in an internet crisis D;

15. swedefish

swedefish Grass Trainer

Excuse me? I never said I don't have friends and made no attempt to make excuses but merely stated the fact that I am content being by myself which is one of the few upsides of ASD. The downside is having to deal with rude and ignorant people like you.

16. Pokeswag

Pokeswag New Member

i think all loners should come to together and form a clan ...

17. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

That would kind of go against the whole point of being a loner, wouldn't it?

18. Cloud_Arcanine

Cloud_Arcanine Scarlett starlett

I'm in an awesome class at uni and we all hang out together. We're not a big group so I'd consider all of them my friends. As for the internet I'm quite easy going. I'm female but spent most of my life growing up in the school playgrounds playing football with the lads and so that's really helped me get along easily with people now. If it's a topic that interests me I'll join in with it and have a laugh.

19. sizida

sizida CoconutIsTheAnswer

Alot of associates but I only have 2 close friends. But one of them is I never met him face to face, so somewhat close friend?

I like to do things in my own time and myself so yeah I am not the type that goes well with people.

20. Zero Nexus

Zero Nexus Stand up, go for it

Years ago I only had a few close friends and loads of internet friends - now it's the complete other way round. I have friends for every occasion; those that come to my house and play games and stuff, those I go to town/the cinema with, and those I go clubbing/to parties and drink with. All assembled from people I've met since I left school. I still see a few people from school, but the majority of the people I just mentioned are from college/uni.