• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you have many friends or are you a loner?

SpeedDeoxys

Am I wrong here?
I have only 2 friends in real life. I wish I had a few more.

But I have fun when I'm alone.

Aegon

There are three people I'd consider to be my friends, though I'm only very close to one of them. I've lost many over the past few years, though I can't say I'm unhappy with that. I'd get on fine with just my close friend (oh, all right, "best friend").

Rave

Banned
i burned alot of my bridges in life and don't have many friends, other than the ones that were strong enough to stick with me.

but yeah, nothing wrong with starting off a new clean slate.

I have uh, lots of people that I'm friendly with, and we get a long swimmingly. Actual friends though? Not too many. About three. In my mind a friend is someone that actually sticks by you through thick and thin, won't screw you over, and is there for you when you need it.

Got your car towed and you have no money? A good friend you can call them up and they'll give you their credit card number over the phone and save your day.

Need help moving? A good friend will cancel their plans to go out drinking and partying to help you out.

Most importantly, a good friend just enjoys you as a person and being in your company, and they don't value you for what you can offer them. There isn't much to do at my house for example, I don't have cable, not a lot of videogames (pretty much just mario kart for two player), but my friends don't care. They'll come over and despite the fact my place is boring as hell, just talk and socialize with me.

I don't consider someone a friend because we hung out once or twice and we smile and say "Hi" to eachother whenever we see eachother. They might be wonderful people and I might like them, but are they my friends? Nah.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Got your car towed and you have no money? A good friend you can call them up and they'll give you their credit card number over the phone and save your day.
A best friend will laugh at you for messing up and tell you to go work at McDonald's or something to get the money you need.

Need help moving? A good friend will cancel their plans to go out drinking and partying to help you out.
A best friend will come loaf around on your yard and have his drinking party right there in front of you while you work.

Most importantly, a good friend just enjoys you as a person and being in your company, and they don't value you for what you can offer them.
A best friend will come sleep on your couch, steal your XBox, tell you that you suck because you haven't got the newest Halo game yet and then go and drink all your beer.

Anyway, yeah, I've got a lot of friends both online and offline, but I need a lot of time alone too. Can't handle being surrounded by people all the time.

A best friend will laugh at you for messing up and tell you to go work at McDonald's or something to get the money you need.

A best friend will come loaf around on your yard and have his drinking party right there in front of you while you work.

A best friend will come sleep on your couch, steal your XBox, tell you that you suck because you haven't got the newest Halo game yet and then go and drink all your beer.

Anyway, yeah, I've got a lot of friends both online and offline, but I need a lot of time alone too. Can't handle being surrounded by people all the time.

Best friends give eachother grief and everything, but it's not supposed to be like that. If that's what your idea of a best friend is, you should seriously do some re-evaluating.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
i only have my cousin for a friend 'cause i homeschool. i like trying to make friends, and hanging out with friends, but i'm either 1, not very good at making friends, or 2, no one LIKES ME! WAAAH! lol, sorry for that. :p

Crystal

The Pokemon Observer
Is "friend" a necessity for one to live in the real world?

Well, I know someone will definitely say YES for the above question, but unfortunately mine is NO. Therefore, I don't have friends, not even the internet friends.

Unfortunately, the "friends" that were listed in my Friend List of every forums and websites are not really friends to me. I'll called them fellows, because we talk with each other for the same interest. I will not talk with them for anything outside the forum topics.

But of course, that does not mean I am unsocial in the real world. I get along finely with my neighbours, I was liked by several regular customers in my part-time working place, other people in my other working place talks open-mindedly with me. Those people, I will called them my neighbours, customers, colleague, associates, business partner, or whatsoever title you may think of, but just not "friend".

Friend, to me is someone I can trust, and on the opposite he/she also trust me, such that I can talk to him/her about anything even my inner thought, without the worry of he/she will spread my thought. And, he/she will be there for me when I mentally or physically need help. Unfortunately, I don't have someone like that.

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
I have a decent social life, I have many friends which I like to spend with them, but I hate to be a popular guy, and I have few friends that I can trust in everything. Also I 'm a loner,sensible, loyal and I love to make justice.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Depends on what you classify as "friends".

I still believe having a friend is strongly based upon huge unstated assumptions. Part of the reason hanging out with a friend is so much fun is because it thrives on saying things you wouldn't normally say, cutting corners in conversations, trusting what they say as truth (or letting it slide past you despite the wrongness) Etc...So using that definition, I have tons of friends, sometimes I think I have too much. I perhaps trust a little to much (I don't actually trust anybody fully, but it doesn't make a difference when the desire to trust over powers my desire to be in doubt. I like trusting people, so I tend to listen to that more then I do my reason and logic. At least, I think thats how it goes :X

So yeah. I have tons of friends, but I do need that alone time. xD

Slightly off topic, but...
I also have a slight feeling that the internet blurs these lines that separate friend VS public interaction. :X You say things as though everybody is your "friend" whether they are or not, just because you feel safe. You also tend to be dicks to your friends as a joke (You can be mildly cruel and they can be mildly cruel, but it doesn't matter because its all a give and give and its meant for laughs.),so...Eh, now I'm just rambling. Nevermind.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I have quite a bit of friends at the moment. But when some of them move for college, I have a feeling we're going to drift apart...
But, since I'm only a junior in high school, I still have up to 10 close friends and many more to come! :D

XOXO~

Hugs an' Kisses!
I have quite a few IRL friends and HAD alot of Internet friends, now the minecraft server I play on changed host and had to change IP without notice so about 1/2 the players left :(
I had a few good friends with no other method of contacting them that were not informed.
I still have many Internet friends and IRL friends though.

Yea, I have a lot of friends, but I can see that falling apart when I leave for college. For best friends, I have about 4. Had 5, but I couldn't talk to him anymore due to his past actions.

I guess I have a lot of friends. I dunno I guess meeting new people is never problem for me sometimes. There is only five or six I consider to be really good friends though.