• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you have many shinys? be honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sy123456789

Im a pro
I was doing my first chain (Geodude) and I got to 9 then next thing I know a Machop comes out, Im like 'crap' then I realise that it was a shiny! YES!!

I only have a few shinys that i caught myself, theyre all from chainging. I have a shiny elektrike, geodude,surskit, corsola and ralts. I had 3 ralts, one i gave to my cousin, one is now an EV'd choice band gallade. The other is just sitting in my box.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I have a Shiny Bidoof that evovled into Bibarel.And,I have one Rumble shiny,it`s a clefable.

slowdude

100% legit Shiny Sharpedo that I caught as a Carnavana while fishing for a Feebas on my Sapphire.

I've also received through trades on Platinum, Shiny Entei, Celebi, Charmander (Charizard now), Totodile (Feraligatr now), Qiulava, Chikorita (now a Meganium), Bulbasaur (Now a Venasaur), Squirtle (Now a Blastoise). I'm going to guess most, if not all of them aren't legit though

I have no shiny Pokemon right now. Pity me.

...Please? ;.;

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
Random encounters: Bidoof, Bibarel, Phanpy, Volbeat, Tentacruel, Dratini... some others.
Radar: None. I haven't got the patience for the thing. Doesn't work for me ;_;
Trade: Skarmory. From a friend. Not wi-fi though.

Neurotic Nuckelavee

Monochromatic Beast
I've caught 8 different species of shiny pokemon:
2 Corsola
6 Stunky
7 Larvitar
3 Ponyta
3 Meditite
1 Dunsparce (my first! It appeared randomly on a chain of 3)
3 Lickitung
3 Seviper
I just wish I had Wifi so I could trade some of them I don't need that many duplicates for myself. T_T

Vemp

(back to the forums after a looong absence, got back to pokemon games with Platinum)

I have two shinies total, from having played through six games (R/S/LG/D/P/Pl).

A red Gyarados, which was fished up in Canalave (iirc) while looking for a Timid Staryu in Diamond.

And a shiny Abra, which i FINALLY managed to get from pokeradar chaining - my first pokeradar shiny ever! I found it last night at almost 3 AM, only to run out of Repels before being able to find another one :)

poke'master

I have only ever caught two shineys. Magikarp and Mankey. Unfortunatly they were on roms (before I get flamed i have the origionals in the ds/gba.. it's just much faster on an emulator) so they don't really count..

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
I can't find anymore shinys!!! I only have Geodude. When I use the Pokeradar and it comes up shiny the Pokemon I find there aren't shiny :(

2Percent-Miltank

.::dreamwalker::.
I only have one shiny, my Chikorita, Navi. I received him at level 1 from a girl on another forum -- for free, too! She insists that none of her Pokemon are hacks, as she doesn't even want other people to trade her those. Not like I could tell if it was hacked anyways. I don't care either, because I love my little Navi~ :>

Pearl Parukia

Intermediate Battler
Some weeks ago I started chaining for the first time of my life, and recently I caught:
Pinsir x1
Cubone x1
Electrike x1
Rhyhorn x1
Hondour x1

And I got a Shiny Roselia as a random encounter while I was searching for a Adamant Scyther.

Sweet Pinpuku

Happy Happiny
I've been trying to Shiny Hunt but have gotten nowhere - all my Shinies are ones my friends, brother and bf have not wanted:

Furret - got her in a trade from someone who got her using RNG thing.
Crobat - my bf came across him as a Golbat and traded him to me cos he knows Shiny Crobat is a fav of mine ^.^
Floatzel - received in trade from friend.
Pachirisu - received in trade from friend.

I'm trying to Shiny Hunt but having zero luck. I did once though come across a Shiny Zigzagoon I believe, but cos the colours are similar to regular and I just saw Zigzagoon slide onto screen, I instinctively pressed "RUN" and just as I did I realized it was Shiny!!!

Glaciage

Blizzard Battler
I had a shiny Altaria from Sapphire. I caught it beside Fallabor Town. i only had a master ball left too.
I also caught a shiny Medicham on my pearl in Mt.Coronet

RandomGuy27

I only have one from Leaf Green. I caught a shiny Venonat (Now Venomoth) in Leaf Green and sent it to Diamond. I suck at chaining and I have no luck so I doubt I will be getting anymore shinies anytime soon.

G.i.Я

i catched a shiny psyduck from my old FR and a bronzor on my old platinum save, just mastered RNG abuse, realized i could have any breedable pkm shiny, quite boring ... hatched as for today:

2 absol
1 chimchar
1 chansey
1 totodile
1 nincada
1 sneasel
1 bagon
1 treecko

already gave away totodile (now feraligatr) and one absol

Last edited:

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
I currently have...

Seviper (random encounter in sapphire)
Shinx x3 (chained)
Shellos x3 (chained)
Ponyta x3 (chained)
Pichu x2 (one chained, one's the Gamestop Event.. And i have another Gamestop one I haven't picked up yet, so technically 3)
Beldum x2 (chained), Metagross (chained)
Totodile (traded for)
Chansey (traded for)
Bidoof x6 (chained)
Phanpy (chained)
Caterpie x5 (chained), Butterfree (chained)
Starly (chained), Staraptor (chained)
Gligar x 2 (chained), Gliscor (chained)
Bagon (RNG'ed)
Eevee (RNG'ed), Vaporeon (RNG'ed), Espeon (RNG'ed)
Machop x2 (chained), Machamp (chained)
Skarmory (RNG'ed)
Lucario (RNG'ed)
Zapdos (traded for)

So... 45 in total. I got most of them myself. =D

bulbasaur14

Bulbasaur line ftw
just the two in my sig

My shinies are:

Geodude-dark cave in Crystal
Kakuna-bug contest in Crystal
Oddish-Safari Zone in Saphire