• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you have many shinys? be honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexahhh

Lackadaisy Trainer
I used to have three shinies:
Gastly
Gastly
Zubat

Yep, all caught in the Lost Tower. Now they're all gone because I restarted the game, but I don't really care now :p

Wow, that is a serious stroke of luck. Did you go hunting for them or did you just happen upon them all by accident? xD

My collection so far include:

Shinx - Hardy
Piplup - Modest (31 Sp. Att)
Eevee - Modest w/ wish
Makuhita - Lax
Darkrai - Mild
Shaymin - Jolly
Cubone - Sassy
Beldum - Adamant
Togepi x 6 - Many natures
Scizor - Adamant
Togekiss - Modest
Gliscor - Impish (Elemental Fangs)
Roserade - Modest
Gengar - Timid (31 Sp. Att IV's)

The only ones I caught myself were Togepi, Cubone, Makuhita and Shinx. :O

yeah i has loadsa shineyyzzzz jk... i only have a shiny dragonite, andi'm not even sure it's legit, but meh, it's useful for training *envys every1 who has a shiny luxray* >_>

Bank$

Machop ( now Machamp )
Beautifly
Gyarados ( random encounter )
Ampharos
Staraptor

GengarNightmare

I have a shiny Makuhita and a shiny Medicham. Yay........

Not much for shiny hunting, unless it's like one of my top 5 fav pokemon.

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
alexahh said:
Wow, that is a serious stroke of luck. Did you go hunting for them or did you just happen upon them all by accident? xD
Accidentally. Gastly#1 was caught let's say DayX, and Gastly#2 and Zubat were caught on the day after the next day of DayX.

I was EV-training, I don't hunt shinies.

alexahhh

Lackadaisy Trainer
Accidentally. Gastly#1 was caught let's say DayX, and Gastly#2 and Zubat were caught on the day after the next day of DayX.

I was EV-training, I don't hunt shinies.

I wish i had your luck *____* haha. Though the only shiny I really pine hopelessly for is a shiny Eevee. -desperately wants a shiny female glaceon- But when you mix together the odds of finding a female eevee with the odds of finding a shiny eevee, it pretty much kills my hopes and dreams. ^____^;

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I don't have any, but I never cared for shiny pokemon much anyway...

Since I'm not that good with the PokeRadar, I only have 9 Shinies:

-Palkia (got off the GTS)
-Charizard (hatched)
-Yanma (Hatched)
-Lairon (got from cousin in Emerald)
-Aggron (evolved said Lairon after cloning)
-Zigzagoon (got from NY PokeCenter a few years ago)
-Linoone (evolved random shiny Zigzagoon that I got in Sapphire)
-Marcargo (randomly found in Stark Mountain in Pearl when training my Glaceon)
-Gloom (randomly found on Route... uh, the route above the Resort Area in Pearl when training my Garchomp)

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
Let's see... Almost all were random encounter 'cept fer Giratina...
Sentret>Furret (FR)
Ponyta>Rapidash(FR)
Banette (Diamond)
Staravia>Staraptor (Platinum)
Abomasnow (Platinum)
Giratina (Platinum SR'd)
That's really it, not many there since I suck at PokeRadar. Right now on my Pearl I'm SRing for shiny Rotom. And a funny story, when I found the Staravia that I caught, it was a bit scary, I was EV training my Pokemon in speed, so I did the throw in swith deal, and I noticed that the Staravia's know Whirlwind. Now I'm just sweating bullets, chucking Ultra Balls in desperation, jusr saying "catch it, catch it" and I did. Yay.
One last thing, not to be a braggart, but I think the RNG was loving me the day I caught my shiny Giratina it only took 168 SR's. Freakin'. Sweet. I don't have many, but in all of my friends and family, the only one to have even one shiny is my sister, she has a Slugma.
I used to have a shiny Palkia, but it was hacked and somehow it changed the pokemon I had up for offer on the GTS a Wailord holding a fist plate... So I traded it and got a legit Japanese Palkia. Awesome.

Last edited:

Tadashi

kiss my greens
All the Pokémon I have are either random or traded.

Random:
Geodude (now Golem) - May 2007
Elekid (now Electivire) - August 2008
Buizel - August 2008
Gyarados - May 2009
Diglett - May 2009

The kicker? All are from the exact same Diamond file. 5 random encounters on the same file. Why yes, I do rule that hard.

Other shinies I have (obtained in trades/GTS):
Starly (now Staraptor), Zigzagoon (now Linoone), Keckleon, Sneasel (now Weavile), Mothim, Rotom, Gengar, Dialga, Palkia, Shuckle, Banette, Eevee (now Umbreon), Charmander (now Charizard), Toxicroak.

FallenForce

I now have a shiny Mew. xD

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I have maybe 30+ shiny pokemon on my Platinum, but of them, only 4 are my own;

Hariyama - Random Ruby encounter back in the summer.
Starly - First chained shiny, at 49.
Steelix - Random Platinum encounter about a week ago, on the 27th.
Quagsire - Two days after Steelix, on the same Platinum XD.

I also had a random shiny encounter Wurmple in Emerald, but that was traded away for something, but I cannot remember.

I have no shinies. I'm just not that lucky. xD

Phoenixphire

I have a Shiny Darkrai and a Shiny Ninetales.

Means I can die happy because Ninetales is my favorite pokemon :D

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
I only have random encounter shinies:
Dragonite- GTS
Crobat- found at Victory Road(that same day my brother got a shiny graveler o_O)
Psyduck- Foggy Route(the one were you can find Bagon in Pearl)

I don't have many because I suck at PokeRadar and my PC got filled up with Charmanders after trying the Masuda Method...

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
Spread over all the pokemon games I own I have around 2/3rds of the entier pokedex as shinies. God thank the Pokeradar/Masuda method

Status
Not open for further replies.