• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you have many shinys? be honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 boxes in Pearl full of shinies
I have the red Gyarados in Heartgold
Also a Shiny Cyndaquil in Soulsilver
Aswell as a shiny Rayquaza in Ruby
I also have a Event Pichu that I need to recieve on Diamond (I already have one on Pearl)

So all up I have about 94, most of these shinies were gotten through chaining
My Cyndaquil, Swampert and Rayquaza were normal 1/8192 shinies that I got through SRing My Voltorb however was a random encounter.

So I would say I have a fair few shinies.

Since my last post i have obtained shinies of the following pokemon:

Machop - trade from fiance
Cubone - x2 Chain, gave one to my fiance
Zigzagoon - x2 Chain, gave one to my fiance
Doduo - Chain
Clefairy - GTS for a Totodile
Spoink - Trade from Fiance he chained it along with 2 others.
Ariados - x2 Chain, I am proud of this one i have tried for nearly a year to chain this thing. Gave one to my fiance.
Eevee - x13 from a chain Traded 6 to my finace and evolved the other 7 so i have the full set of Eevee and it's evolutions (i already had the Umbreon)

So that's quite successful... shame the luck can't be passed onto my Soul silver where i am currently trying to find a shiny Lugia via SR. This will take a while.

un_breaker

I'm with Jew -->
I have four from various means:
linoone (evolved from the RS event zigzagoon that fixed the berry glitch)
magnezone (evolved from a random encounter magnemite in sapphire)
quagsire (traded for it with my friend's diamond)
nidoran(male) (I got this technically from pokeradar, but I had a chain of 3, so I count it as a random encounter)

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I have got a few let's see:
Glaceon
Umbreon
Luxray
Luxio
Shinx
Zigazaoon
Golbat
Crobat
Torchic

I used to have a wingull but it was scammed from me. There are more but I can't remember. Golbat is the only one I caught myself (Unless you include Gyarados from the Lake of Rage)

Blue_Ringed_Umbreon

Egg Count: 326
My shiny story is not a happy one. I have seen only 5, and they have all appeared in 3rd Gen :(
I have played every version since Gold and Silver, for approximately 2100 hours. And the games have shown me 5.
I have caught 3 of these, but the only one in my possession is Caterpie. My Sapphire cart went missing, which contained my first 2.
I saw Mawile in Ruby (Sleep and red health. I slipped and pressed Flamethrower).
Geodude was before Caterpie in LGreen. I again slipped due to nerves, and pressed Run.
My longest chain is 28. I have SRd for Moltres, got to 500, and temporarily abandoned the hunt. This is why I dont Shiny hunt.
I am yet to see a Shiny in the 4th Gen. I dont count my Red Gyarados or Pikachu-Coloured Pichu.
I am keeping my Yellow Caterpie. Its awesome!

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Aside from things like the Red Gyarados and Pikachu Colored Pichu, I only have one: Caterpie. Got it recently. I wasn't even shiny hunting or anything, it was just a random encounter. :D

Zesqio

A golden Geodude from a random encounter
Red Gyarados
A Shiny Gallade I spent forever chaining to get which made never want to chain ever again

Sprat

Ooo, Kinky!
OMFG! I now have 2! I got a shiny eevee by breeding an eevee with a ditto now it's a shiny Espeon & about 10mins ago just got shiny Phione in an egg... I traded a Totodile for a Manaphy which I then breed to get Phione which was shiny, I think I need to change my pants :O

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
I have 2:
LOR Gyarados in HG on first try with Pokeball, easy!
LV24 Geodude in Platinum, random on Route 214, caught with Pokeball on first attempt.

Still searching for ANYTHING (now...)

GottaCatchEm

RisingHero
I only got 2 shinies, 1 gyarados and 1 roserade. The gyarados I got from random fishing and fished up a gold magikarp. The roserade was also random. I was trying to find a pokemon just to let it learn cut and I came across the shiny budew as the first pokemon that popped up. :X

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I have 9 random shiny encounters since RSE.

Wurmple (E)
Starly (P)
Hariyama (R)
Steelix (Plat)
Quagsire (Plat)
Gyarados (Plat)
Geodude (Plat)
Rattata (FR)
Onix (SS)

swedefish

Grass Trainer
I only have pcp, lol. I used to have a shiny sudowoodo that i traded for an ekans and a sun stone. I guess I just don't care that much for shinies, I am more concerned with natures and abilities.

Fell O

Shiny Collector
I have about 50 shinies and most of them were obtained by chaining :)

Cazzah

Why Is The Rum Gone?
I have a grand total of 0.
I do have the Red gyarados, and the PCPichu, but other than that, I have none.
never gone shiny hunting, But I've never encountered a random shiny :(

Zorg

Spongetastic
I've got 2 on my current SS file, although i had heaps on my emerald rom, so it dosen't really count.
My two are nidoran female and i just got a sunkern...

Status
Not open for further replies.