• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you have respect toward players who haven't playing Pokémon as long as you?

dd1zzle

Do you have respect toward players who haven't playing Pokémon as long as you?

What I mean by this is that do you feel a little angry when you see a 7 year old and he/she says that he/she loves Pokémon, when you have loved it for nearly 15 years?

Indigoodra

Uh, no?

I think i would have worse problems if i wasn't okay with other people liking what i like, especially something as popular as pokemon. (at least with that age group)

Also, what is the right answer? To answer the topic question, yes, but to answer the question in your post, no.
Very confusing.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
I'm not gonna lie though, I used to feel this way. Not necessarily angry, but kinda....well I cant really explain it :p.

I do respect them I guess. These hypothetical 7 year olds.

Last edited:

Chrosion

#1 waifu
Well, of course. You'd be pretty dumb if you'd feel angry... If they say they love Pokemon, sure, I've only played since 4th Gen., but I can't see a real reason why you'd be angry. I'd be a little angry if they're total noobs at it and only have Legendaries on their team, THEN I'd be mad, but otherwise, not.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
No, I'd be happy to see a new generation of fans. :3 ...Imo much better than genwunners. xD But I'd probably feel a bit awkward, seeing a 7 year old play the same game as me. XD

It depends on how long the gap of us loving pokemon is.
but whatever the case, people must earn respect just like we earn gym badges...through Action Replay (joking)..Through hard work and dedication.

Ferrin

Easily Lost
i liked pokemon when i was 7 my cousin told me about it, so OF COurse that doesn't make me angry.watching 7 year olds play pokemon is fun

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
Whether or not I respect someone has nothing to do with pokemon...BUT I do tend to get annoyed when little chil'ens be all like "Yay I just beat B/W, my first pokemon game! I'm the biggest pokemon fan EVAARRRR!" because all I can think is "B*tch please."

Aside from some annoyance though, think about it; how did you feel when pokemon was first introduced? I absolutely fell in love with it even though it was JUST introduced to me so if I can't respect them, how can I respect myself since I was pretty much in their same shoes?

Last edited:
Seeing a little kid saying they loved Pokemon would make my heart feel warm and fuzzy on the inside... because I would be witnessing a whole new generation of trainers being born. It makes me remember how I fell in love with the Pokemon games all those years ago. :)

For some reason, I suddenly feel old. o_o

Definitely, since we're talking about the games. It's always nice to see a new kid getting into the games. I was into the anime myself from Season 1 (I honestly don't like it nearly as much since they changed the VAs but I do like Seasons 14 and 15 in the "new" dub), but I started my game journey with Pokemon Silver. And now I have Pokemon FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald, Diamond, and White I. So, why not respect them?

PokemonTrainerKaden

I only get angry when they think they love it more than I do.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Yes, though I have no qualms about kicking their a*s if they think they're good at it (and are not).

I am Lu

I love it when little kids like Pokemon! It's a new generation, and it makes me warm and fuzzy because Pokemon is a game that can be enjoyed by all people of all ages.

Of course, I get irritated when they accuse me, 19, of being too old for Pokemon. I just think to myself, "Yeah, you just wait in 10 years when you'll still be playing Pokemon too."

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
I respect everyone that likes this game, especially those who are new to it. That respect only grows when they're willing to learn what I've got to teach them. Time marches on, and we cannot stop its passage. All we can do is do what is best for us, and for those who come after us.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Well, I do feel old when I realize younger kids started with Diamond or Black... XD

But I don't disrespect anyone for playing Pokemon, even if they're years younger than me. I'm just glad the game is still going strong after all these years, and it's thanks in large part to new generations of players.