• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you have to hide that you like Pokemon?

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Heck no and I never will. If you like something then like it, don't pretend to hate it just to please other people.

I only don't tell people at school except for those I know that play Pokemon, outside of school, I'll tell anyone

Light_Lugia

The soul of the sea
I don't have ta. Well, i am 10. all the people in my class know . . . my friends like pokemon too!
Edit: no ones too old for pokemon!

Last edited:

minumx33

i told one of my friends and she liked u-gi-oh or however you spell that anyways i brought my card in to school and she fell on me so i gave her doubles for some of her small toys and i told another friend Alyna and she thought i was dum but then my friend Mackenzie said that she liked them so mackenzie and i started talking and then alyna spit out that she liked pokemon but she only liked it because Mackenzie liked it (alyna hogs mackenzie so whatever mackenzie likes she) likes once in 2nd grade alyna lied saying that she was going to be a pirate just like mackenzie but she knew that she was going to be a chinnese lady!!

John13wb

Earthbound Hero
Point blank, i don't care what other people think cause i'm 135lbs of hard muscles and on the football team and i deck anyone who laughs at me. But most anyone doesn't care

Nope. I mean, I don't go out in the middle of the streets and scream "I LOVE POKEMON!!!" But I'll admit that I like Pokemon, and I'm not ashamed of it.

I'm sure a lot of the Pokemon 'haters' at my school actually still like it, but are too afraid to admit it. But Middle School was the time when everybody had to be perfect and the same as everybody else or else you'd get picked on. And thats when everybody acted like they hated Pokemon. And now in high school, people are still afraid to admit they like it.

But people shouldn't get picked on for liking something. I mean, who cares if Pokemon is childish, some older people like childish stuff, because they are 'kids at heart'. Man why can't people be themselves these days without being afraid of getting picked on or beat the crap out of? Its sick.

Almighty

uh... juxtaposition
Um, not really. I don't think about Pokemon much at school, so it never comes up. I guess it doesn't cross my mind in conversations. Go figure.

It would probably be a bit embarrassing if everyone found out that I'm a member on a pokemon message board, though. =)

Sanrun

....Pika?
No I don`t hide it.People who think that pokemon is stupid or kiddy don`t know how hard it is(I mean Ev training,Natures,breeding etc..).But some people are Pokemon fans but hide it.I believe if you truly(sp?) like something don`t hide it from the people around you.Who cares what they think....(but I am not suggesting that you go in a Pikachu suit and yell "I LOVE POKEMON!!!")

shadowfiles

Your Average Person
Almost everyone in my grade level at my school knows me a the Pokemon fan girl. I'm literally always doodling pictures of pokemon and such in my free time at school. No one really bugs me too much about it, and I hang out with other pokemon fans and such. It's really not that bad to admit you like pokemon. You know, the funny thing is that I know most of the other hiding pokemon fans and some of them are friends with each other, but don't know their both pokemon fans so they just make fun of it together to try to hide it from each other.

JuanotheGamer

The Steel Master
My closest friend is the only one who still likes it. Saying you like pokemon in my school will make you the biggest wimp. Saying you like Nintendo makes you childish. If only more people in my area liked pokemon...

I try to hide it, but one kid in my school knows the 3rd gen pokemon and tells everyone when I'm drawing a Ralts, or a Delcatty, or any of them. I'm 12, and it's like it's a CRIME at my school to like pokemon, and still watch cartoons.

Vycksta

Everyone who knows me knows that I like Pokemon. Why should I like my likes, my hobbies, my interest... for other people?

Jorah

What do I put here?
People wouldn't hate me for liking Pokemon, some people would just probably make fun of me for liking it, so I don't tell anyone. I'm pretty quiet at school anyway, so it'd be kind of random for me to go up to them and say "Hey, y'know what? I like Pokemon!" All of my friends like Harry Potter and we usually have long conversaions about what will happen in book 7 sometimes.

Brettt

satirist
Since there's a kid who likes pokemon more than me, i think i'm safe about nobody knowing, but i would tell if they asked

TurtleLove

Slow and steady baby
Nope.

No one says anything to me to judge me.

Why?

I'll beat them up. :]

They know i can too.

Nah but really...

It's respect.