1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have to play the Mystery dungeon games in order?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by cascadethewarrior, Feb 25, 2013.

1. cascadethewarrior

cascadethewarrior ~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~

I was thinking of getting into the mystery dungeon series but I'm not sure what game to get first. Dose it matter which one I play first? Or are they all completely unrelated?

2. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

They're totally unrelated storywise and therefore can be played in any order.

3. Dew Watatsumi

Dew Watatsumi Water Type E-3

They aren't entirely connected, so no

4. cascadethewarrior

Okay thank you. Any suggestions in what I should get first? I'm trying to save up for X/Y and a 3DS so I can only buy one of the mystery dungeon games for now.

5. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

PMD: Explorers of Sky has the most content out of all the games presently available, so I'd go with that one, personally.

6. Dew Watatsumi

Dew Watatsumi Water Type E-3

Blue is the first one and you could probably get a used one for 10 dollars on amazon or Gmaestop. Time/Darkness is the same, But Sky is better than time/darkness because of the added stuff in there. But don't forget about Gates to Infinity that will be coming out is well....so it's your choice

7. cascadethewarrior

hmmm I think I'll go with Explorers of the Sky then since it has the most content and I think is the most recent( at least that is out anyway). Thank you.

8. hawkmbl

hawkmbl Curious

For now, get sky. But if you wait a bit, you can get Gates to infinity, which is the pinnacle of masterpieces (From what I've seen so far)