• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you have to play the Mystery dungeon games in order?

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I was thinking of getting into the mystery dungeon series but I'm not sure what game to get first. Dose it matter which one I play first? Or are they all completely unrelated?

Rakurai

They're totally unrelated storywise and therefore can be played in any order.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
They aren't entirely connected, so no

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Okay thank you. Any suggestions in what I should get first? I'm trying to save up for X/Y and a 3DS so I can only buy one of the mystery dungeon games for now.

Rakurai

PMD: Explorers of Sky has the most content out of all the games presently available, so I'd go with that one, personally.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Blue is the first one and you could probably get a used one for 10 dollars on amazon or Gmaestop. Time/Darkness is the same, But Sky is better than time/darkness because of the added stuff in there. But don't forget about Gates to Infinity that will be coming out is well....so it's your choice

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
hmmm I think I'll go with Explorers of the Sky then since it has the most content and I think is the most recent( at least that is out anyway). Thank you.

hawkmbl

Curious
For now, get sky. But if you wait a bit, you can get Gates to infinity, which is the pinnacle of masterpieces (From what I've seen so far)