• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you honestly care about your HM slave(s)?

Do you care about your HM Slaves?

• Yes! I do care!

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • No! They're just slaves!

Votes: 44 63.8%

• Total voters

Bardische

Elegance.
Well, one of the most random things I've ever thought about while playing my game: Do we really care about our HM slaves? Not care as in we need them for the HMs, but do we really care? Like use them in battle and such? Or do we just use them as a decoy for the Elite Four when your Pokemon is losing health?

Oh come on, I bet you guys did that to the Elite Four, too!

I don't have HM slvaes. I only teach my 'Mons a max of 2 HMs at any given time.

So sue me.

AzureWatcher

Glacier Hugger
I usually have an HM slave that I keep in a box, then when I go to a new route an' such I put away my highest level (or the one weakest to the types of pokemon on that particular road) in the box to replace the slave.

KingBonsly

Course i do,HM's can Actually be Pretty good attack moves too.
Plus i should'nt let a lv 83 Garados(I can never spell it wright...) go to waste.
(Caught at lv 82.)

Might sound wierd, but I like my HM slaves. Even though I rarely use them, they sit nicely as a sixth member and I somehow grow slightly attached to them. They help me catch weaker pokemon anyway. :D

GreenEspeon

Water Gym Leader
Yeah, I love my HM pokemon. I do not call them "HM Slaves" I call them HM pokemon. Anyways I use Salamence as an HM pokemon because I need someone to fly, I recently got oaks letter and needed Defog, I need rock smash, and also cut. I need all of those field moves. I love my salamence because it helped me in so many battles but I do not use dragons anymore so I turned it into an HM pokemon.

i feel bad tht all bidoof is good for is a hm slave, but thts why gamefreak made them

mangaeyes

I don't really use HM slaves. I usually split up HM's between my main team or teach the HM's I'll only need once or twice to Pokemon I don't care about.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Meat shields for e4, even when they are lv100 plus breeded. LOL.

ribcage_x

Ew me care about bidoof? neeever!
lol! Its just there to be my b***h ;]

Sara Hysaro

I've never used an HM slave before. I'd rather just teach my Pokémon 2 HMs each and not have a slot on the team go rot when I'm exploring. =)

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
meh, i dont really care about m hm slaves >.> theyre unimportant to me,i dont waste exp points on them so i never use them in battle

NinjaPokemon

Underworld Ninja
actually i use it as both. ill raise a bibarel to like lvl. 65+ with HMs cuz u never know when you are going to be out of pokemon and also, if its the rite pokemon HMs can be really strong like surfs damge is in the 90s ( i forget exact damage, i kno its in the 90s)