• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you intended to watch the Pokemon anime forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal

The Pokemon Observer
I just feel like asking this question when I had read so many post on the Pokemon Anime section.

Pokemon anime had already lasted for 16 years, yet Ash Ketchum is going nowhere, not even any closer to his goal of being a Pokemon Master. We don't know when he will reach his dream (Probably another 20 years or so...?), nor even will he ever reach his dream.

We as the audience are unlike Ash, we will grow and we will age. Many of the old fans already dropped out somewhere passes Johto, even more in middle of DP and beginning of BW.

So I'm asking the ones who still watching the anime, do you intended to watch it until the day this anime end, so it is probably the day Ash become a Pokemon Master, or may be at the point he finish the XY Kalos League, or somewhere beyond? Or just wanted to drop out somewhere in between?

Because the Pokemon anime announced already that it (probably) will go on as long as GF continues to produce new Pokemon games. So we will never knew when will Ash's journey be finish. You as the Pokemon anime fans, are you prepared?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I still just sort follow the anime and watch the dub when I get the chance, and will probably always do that. And ash reaching his goal won't happen until the end of the anime, which won't be until the games are done.....so that could be like 100 years or longer.

If Ash shows at least 1% of development I will be around for gen 7. The moment I feel like his development(which was slow as molasses to begin with) becomes completely stagnant in gen 6, then I'll write my fanfics and satisfy myself with it. I watch this show only for Ash. I don't care much for the new Pokemon(I play the games and competitive battling for that) but I do have a soft spot for the new ladies, but I am still a hard-core Satoshi and Rica Matsumoto fan.

They have progressively improved him from gen 1 to gen 4, and I am one of those who don't think he regressed n gen 5. So I am looking forward for some improvement in gen 6

Last edited:

LolUrbad

Hoenn Remakes plox
I used to watch the new episodes every week up until he beginning of b/w because I didn't really like the changes that they made compared from D/P. I still watch the important episodes (gym battles, tournaments, the ones that appeal to me etc.) but I'm not as into it as I was with AG/DP.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I haven't been keeping up with newer episodes, so I don't intend to watch it religiously, but I do plan to watch as many episodes as I can find sometime in the next few years. I don't see myself catching up-to-date, of course, but I am willing to watch all the episodes over a period of time. That's the only intention I have with the anime at this point.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hmm, probably not. I watch the anime occasionally, usually when I know that my favorite character will appear, but I don't plan on continuing to watch forever. I mean it's already bad enough that little to no progress is ever made in terms of Ash's goal, and that the plot is paper-thin most of the time imo; do you think I'd want to watch the same thing over and over again for the rest of my life? No thanks. I'm only here for some episodes, not the whole anime. :x

Aegon

I ceased watching it with BW069 (hmm) but recently attempted to return to the series when the Episode N arc aired. I found the first few episodes to be tolerable, but my interest wasn't held for too long. I'll probably see what BW's final episode is like and I might give the XY saga a chance.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
If the anime still goes on another 10 years, then no, probably not.

I did watch every episode from Kanto to the end of DP at least. Best Wishes is the first time I'm only watching the important episodes and not the fillers. Not sure if I'll keep up with the X and Y saga.

It probably depends how long it goes on for. It's easy to say I'll watch it until old age if it's on that long, but I don't know how much in my life will change from now until then. I'm pretty sure I'll watch the anime for at least 10 more years though and hopefully in that 10 years, Ash's and TR's stories both get wrapped up, but I'm not holding my breath.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
I probably will. Even if XY and all others gens will be written exactly like DP, I would still keep watching the show. As much as I disliked DP, it still had some good things that made me keep watching it. The future will probably be the same.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
If XY doesn't have Serena or Shauna as the new girl, then no I'll drop the anime right then and there for forever. I recently dropped the anime due to the new BW2: DA! series because it doesn't interest me at all. It's the 3rd time I dropped the BW anime tbh due to this series being so disappointing.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
No. The sidekick and co-star characters pretty much determine whether I'm going to watch or not. And with secondary quest gone and not likely to return, there is very little reason for me to stay on. I've been watching since the S.S. Anne episode and while I have taken many "vacations" from the series in the past this one is looking more and more final. It will be hard to get back into the show for me now as I've lost interest in the main objective of the series.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
For me, it's really going to depend on what they do with X/Y. If it's like AG/DP then I'll stay for it. The only possible exception would be if they keep Iris and Cilan, and only because I'd be worried about them turning it back into a BW-like season. If it stays like BW, then I'll likely leave. Still, if it's more like the first fifty episodes of Best Wishes, I may stay. Best Wishes started off strong. It's the middle part (particularly the Elesa and Roxie battles), PWC Junior Tournament, and Unova League that were terrible, in my opinion.

xXYobi TakiXx

Get ready to fly
I still will but as Mew2 said it depends on what they do when they make the new season. I hope it follows the same story line as DP or at least some parts. But the pokemon series may go one forever.

I have watched every episode since Gen 1 up to the one that premiered on Thursday.

I will continue to watch anime until I draw my last breath. Even if Pokemon doesn't produce no new episodes I will continue to watch the reruns. I'm one of the few who won't quit.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
I just caught up with Black and White, but I will of course keep watching the anime! Can't wait for Kalos!

latios reborn

It was one of my first anime back when it started so dare I say it Yes, I'll be watching to the end

Status
Not open for further replies.