• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you keep the fact you like Pokemon to yourself?

Lkr

I sorta do. Only one of my friends(he's a member here...he's my neighbor)knows I like Pokemon. I don't see why anyone would care, nor do I see why I need to tell them, so why tell them anyway?

Staf

Pokémon Master
I don't tell anyone nor do I play the games in front of my friends. I'm not one to hide it, though. If anyone asks, I'd tell them. I didn't hide behind a paper sack while waiting to get Mew. I went around asking people for Pokemon I didn't have.

Icicle

I don't care if people know. I'm pretty much classified as a dork/geek/weirdo/child anyways. Not my fault I like to keep things in my childhood close to my heart.

Also, not my fault my some of my best memories about my mother(who passed away) invovled pokemon (one being, me yelling and screaming at her to make it to the place I preordered Yellow from before the store closed for the night xD)

CowDude

Nope, and I never will. Back when I used to go to school, I was the most popular guy around. Pokemon had nothing to do with it. If someone sees you differently 'cause you like Pokemon, then to heck with them. (>__>;

Lkr

I don't care if people know. I'm pretty much classified as a dork/geek/weirdo/child anyways. Not my fault I like to keep things in my childhood close to my heart.

Also, not my fault my some of my best memories about my mother(who passed away) invovled pokemon (one being, me yelling and screaming at her to make it to the place I preordered Yellow from before the store closed for the night xD)
sorry bout your mom, I remember playing Pokemon all the time with my mom when I was little. She knew more than I did :(

wcgold

I don't hide it at all. In fact, I was at a party last week, and I talked about Pokémon there. I talked about it A LOT.

OtterPops

Mareep!
There are tons of Pokemon freaks at my school, but I don't talk to them about it much. Its not like I don't want to, its just that there are other things to talk about during school breaks (like what was on the test or what homework to do XD).

-;179;

DarkEspeon

Well..there are already tons of posts about this .....but no i dont make it public

Ludicolo Master

Coolest Avvie yet!
yes.only my best freind and my second best freind knows.

because people say "oh you like baby games? HaHaha!!!

tehbesto

iPodelicious
Yes I keep it to myself, but if someone opens up about pokemon first I might just talk about it. These forums are my refuge.

davidone10

The new tuxedo look!
I hide the fact of pokemon from everyone at my school, mostly where I live in Italy pokemon is considered a retarded game that nOObs play.....If only they knew about evs,ivs, and all the rest ....

~Ero Oyagi~

^Same with me. Last guy who openly admitted he liked Pokémon and went around playing it had to leave my school because everyone bullied him so bad. I have one friend who knows though and we talk about it all the time.

Absol

Legendary Trainer
I typically keep this to myself at home and the people around me. Noone even has the slightest clue that I love Pokemon. Even those that lives at my house thinks I hate it because I hide it to well. Like someone said before, this is a good place for me to talk to people about Pokemon.

Chessy

I <3 GARY
I just avoid talking about Pokemon at all with anyone- if any of my friends found out, I don't think i'd be able to live it down. It's such a great hobby of mine, yet I'm so ashamed of it, it's bad ><

My parents know I like pokemon. My friends from Uni don't.
If I tell them they will make a fun of me :/
I didn't say about it to my friends from dinosaurs forum too. They
care about dinos, biology etc. and they would be really WTF. I will
not tell them. They know I like anime and video games but they don't know about pokemon.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I see no reason to hide it.

Besides, anyone who would make fun of you for liking something like Pokémon isn't your real friend anyway.

WiiRevolution1

Zelda TP Glitcher :D
I do keep that to myself, frankly because I know noone :\

assassin oates

Shut up mokuba
i have to hide it from chavs and been bullied which makes me look like i dont like anything, and the only person i know who likes it, does not know anything about it. but once i said something and this girl said "arcanine?" so i said to her "wats that?" to say im not involved then she said "a pokemon" then everyone turned round to her and me and i said "i only play the games, not the card game" so this popular kid dsays "yeah the games are pretty decent" so i said "i played fire red its a new one" then the teacher says " thought pokemon went out years ago" so i said "so why do they make the games still" so he told us to get back to work lol