• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you keep the fact you like Pokemon to yourself?

Hide it? I always show it! I am always drawing either a Vaporeon, Raichu, Arcanine or whatever Pokemon I feel like drawing! People who see them know that they're Pokemon and they will compliment me on it. XD

I guess I'm not afraid to show my fandom, since a lot of people at my highschool still play the games and stuff. :/ Even if someone tells me that Pokemon is retarded or some crap like that, I just laugh at them. Really, I don't give a crap what anyone else thinks. I like what I like and I'm not ashamed of it one bit.

battay

lol at you
it's good to try get ur friends into it.. that means u can talk and trade with them... i got my friend into pokemon recently, now he cant stop talking about it:D

dynamo

Do not pass Go.
Well, my friends don't know, because we don't talk about video games, but if they brought it up then I would tell them, I don't see any point in hiding who you are. I would, of course, avoid telling chavs, since they always take chances of making fun of someone, and it would get annoying.

Atem501

I did'nt until everyone started to hate pokemon, they said it was for little kids. Only a few people no i like pokemon

flygonbreloom

The Flygon fanatic
My freinds all know that I like Pokemon, and my freinds also like Pokemon exept one of them, though he dosnt really mind...Basicly when im on the internet, my names always Flygon or FlygonBreloom...even in my MKDS, my whole class knows I like Pokemon and they dont really care, though I dont publicaly announce it for obvious reasons...though I still wonder if I still live on earth or elsewhere...*got to put more dots. dots=suspense*......................waddaya lookin at?

krymzen

<-- Geodude is ANGRY
Half my class likes it- but we're the smart class so of course we're "nerds" :rolleyes: and my friends don't tease me about it...
But around the school I do because "z0m6 pogeymanz r gai lolz" is all I hear. It's quite sad, as kids get bullied, so all the pokemon fans kinda hang out together- we don't just talk about rugby we play football and stuff

*getting sidetracked*

Oh, and only one guy besides me understands ev's, the others are like wtf do you batle against eevees? The elite four is much better.

Also, once I heard some other guys talking about pokemon , and they were saying how much xp they get and i said and 6 speed ev's and they walked away saying "pfft. he likes pokemon" because they didn't want to lose being in the "cool" group.

Like they're even that cool anyway!

Vycksta

No, everyone I know knows that I like Pokemon... even strangers in the street when I wear the Sneasel t-shirt that my sister made. o_O

AbsoluTotodile

Oh geez I hide it all the time! It can be frustrating cause I don't think people would think very highly of me anymore...and im already a bit of a loser. The other week on MSN I was talking to a friend and wrote "exploud" instead of explode but I think I managed to cover it up as a simple spelling error/forgetting how to spell explode.

Also I was talking to one guy who knows I like Pokémon. We were discussing some of the sprites of the new Pokémon and I clicked on a window and started typing and it went to one of my other friends!! and then he responded with "umm...what are you talking about?" and fortunately I was able to cover that up cause I didnt mention anything Pokémon specific and just said I was talking to someone else and sent it to the wrong person.

This girl im friends with, her bf recently found his copy of pokemon for the gameboy color, and I said to her "if he ever wants to trade pokemon I'll trade" just as a joke, and she asked which games I have and I told her and she goes "you've got the ones he's got so you wouldnt want to trade" (thinking I meant the physical games) and I tried to explain to her. She's one person I wish I could tell and actually get her involved in Pokémon. I reckon she'd really get into it. She likes everything else I like! like disney animated films.

dark trainer

When your at school your a kid and those chavs are the childish ones just wait when there 18 they will no what being an adult is realy about.My good freinds no i like pokemon but they all play the game and some watch the anime.

Jupetta

Sort of but not really... I don't really talk about it but I don't hide the fact that I like it. I have been asked many times what Banette or Jupetta was... ;P

~;354;

MayRules

Shiny Enthusiast
I don't hide it, it's just that no one's asked me or said anything about it yet so naturally they don't know about it. lol

PkmnTrainerJ

If I feel I know someone well enough, I shall tell them but if not then I don't shout it to the streets.

sandos

Don't Blink
I don't really keep it to myself. I talk to my friends about it sometimes. Like I say, I don't really advertise it, but everyone just seems to know; many kids in my year take the piss, because they are pathetic sadists. They think it's too young(Even though I'm only twelve).

PkmnTrainerJ

I don't really keep it to myself. I talk to my friends about it sometimes. Like I say, I don't really advertise it, but everyone just seems to know; many kids in my year take the piss, because they are pathetic sadists. They think it's too young(Even though I'm only twelve).

That makes me laugh, I'm 19, nigh on 20, and I'm never mocked...

I sorta do. Only one of my friends(he's a member here...he's my neighbor)knows I like Pokemon. I don't see why anyone would care, nor do I see why I need to tell them, so why tell them anyway?
I,ve not told anyone that i like Pokemon.Well only to my best friends.

GibborEtAdon

Curious Interloper
Some of you are so young. Whats the problem with liking a game like pokemon when you are 14 years old? It was the cool thing to play the games when I was 12-15. Those of us who are 18 and beyond really know what its like to feel singled out. All of my friends know I play the game, heck sometimes I will pull out my GBA during my free times at college and start playing. It's a very expansive game, and it was in no way intended for just younger people.

I know a few people much older than me who also play. It's great stuff, don't be ashamed at all!

Rock on everyone. Pokemon FTW.
-Adam

EDIT:
HECK! Anyone under 12 wouldn't really be able to play the games the way they were made to play. You have to be at least that age to understand the full dynamics of the game. Hahah, people who tease others about playing games like this really make me laugh.

Last edited:

~Jeremy~

RAWR! I want HG/SS!
Sort of. When I make friends I don't tell them until I know it wouldn't matter to them. Some of my friends actually play it.