• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you keep the fact you like Pokemon to yourself?

mewfan1

I guess you can say that I do. If Pokemon is brought up, I get in the conversation. I go to a youth group, and I found out that one of my friends likes Pokemon, and that he checks Serebii.net a lot! He knows all about D/P, etc. My cousins like Pokemon too, so I am in a pokemon loving family. :)

Kris Bambii

Volcano Trainer
I'm very open about it. All my closest friends at school know I like it and sometimes they bring it up just for my sake. Everyone at school knows I love anime anyway and I sometimes bring my fanart folder to school to show off to strangers and they see my Pokemon stuff and are like "Whatever". No one's ever bullied me or said anything bad about me for liking it. If they do say mean things or bully you or whatever because of it, they're not your friends, that's my philosophy. But I do have one friend, Emily, who used to love it but now thinks it and all anime is the spawn of Satan(jokingly, of coarse) so we tease each other. I call her a sell out, she calls me a freak, it's all in good fun. lol. But we do have moments when we're not arguing and talk about Pokemon.

Emily: What's it called... the Victreebell?
Kris: I dunno... *two minutes later* Not Victreebell! The Liberty Bell!
Emily: Oh! XD Then what's Victreebell?
Kris: A Pokemon, you retard...
Emily: o_0

~*Kris*~

I generally keep it to myself. To tell you the truth, the topic doesn't come up very much. I've told a few close friends, but they didn't really care. I guess they thought it was my own problem.
But, these forums are pretty much my refuge. I know other people here like pokemon openly.

Railith

Hero of Justice
When I was in middle school through most high school I kept mah liking of the pokemon games to myself. During my senor year I just decided to not care and honestly talk about how I like the games/manga if it ever got brought up in a conversation.

Basically just honestly say if you're into something because that is the only way you're going to find anyone else that likes it too.

taitofan

Stalker!
No, of course not. I bring my DS to play between classes all the time, and if they ask, I always tell them I'm playing Pokemon (unless I'm playing Harvest Moon instead). I don't care if anyone knows... But you might be surprised how many college students will admit that they play Pokemon too. ;3 Or if they ask about anime, I'll always mention that Pokemon is one of my faves. Again, more people will admit to it if you do first. XD

Miltonic

extraordinary
this is the only place where i can talk about pokemon only three of my friends know i like pokemon but they dont and i feel stupid talking to them about it. so basically no one at my school knows

Yoko

Pokémon Cherisher
Well I don't shout from the rooftops "I love Pokemon!!"

And I'm not the sort of person that wears Pokemon hats or tshirts. But if someone where to ask me whether I like it or not, I'd admit to it.

To be honest, it doesn't bother me if people decide to take the mick (noones has as of yet). I think everyone secretly loves Pokemon anyway :)

dragon_eye_2006

Hilo Thar!
i always anounce i like pokemon and get laffed at and i shouldnt because pokemon is cool

ndralcasid

1st of da month

You kidding?

Everyone back in high school knew I liked Pokemon. In fact, I was somewhat famous for being the "Pokemon Master" of the school. And up in college, all of my friends know I play.

Graveless

Let it Hail
I don't hide it at all. I usually sit outside playing my games. People who are about my age (15) ask me what game I'm playing. Half of them are like, "cool" and the other half say that they don't play. None of them say I'm stupid, or that I act young for playing Pokemon. Then again, if they decided to try and bully me for it, they would need to let their arm recover from being broken at the elbow.

miraiyouko

Eevee Trainer
When I was in middle school through most high school I kept mah liking of the pokemon games to myself. During my senor year I just decided to not care and honestly talk about how I like the games/manga if it ever got brought up in a conversation.

Basically just honestly say if you're into something because that is the only way you're going to find anyone else that likes it too.

That's how it was for me. It was the same way when people found out I liked Hanson, too. They made fun of me and basically turned me into an outcast in several of my junior high classes. Then, in high school, I decided to ignore everyone's opinions and just be myself. If they made fun of me for liking Pokemon or anything else, I basically said 'Screw you.' I still do. Besides, I'm a geek in other ways, too. I like anime, manga, Jrock, reading Harry Potter, etc.

I have defenitely kept it more reserved now I am at uni.
Like I quickly removed NB when this girl wanted to go on my laptop.
Bing 18 and all, people will just think I am a little sad still playing Pokemon ._.

John's Knight

Meh, I don't talk about it unless someone asks me about it. It's not like I have to discuss or talk about Pokemon all the time, so I don't say a thing. If someone asks me something about it, I'll answer.

GibborEtAdon

Curious Interloper
I have defenitely kept it more reserved now I am at uni.
Like I quickly removed NB when this girl wanted to go on my laptop.
Bing 18 and all, people will just think I am a little sad still playing Pokemon ._.

No they wont.

It's funny. Most people find it cool that you still remenince in the past. Though its the past to them. Its the present for us! hahah.

There is a whole table full of guys by the coffee cart at my college that play pokemon everyday together, I might just go talk to them about it someday. I don't see why not.