• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you know a Pokemon who had no anime appearances yet?

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
There are some of the new Pokemon who didn't have any anime appearances yet. Do you know who are these Pokemon?

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Porygon 2 and Z.

[/thread]

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Grimer was in the episode in the first season with that town with all the polllution
Lanturn, I vaguely recall being in an ep.
I think I remember a fake Xatu being in an ep, but I don't know about Natu.
Did they ever show Jasmine's ampharos?
Jumpluff, I don't know.
Spinda, I remember seeing on Serebii.net in episode pics.
Edit: According to Bulbapedia, Porygon2's the only second generation pokemon to not appear in the anime. Lanturn was in an episode with that baby Lugia, and Natu was featured with Xatu in "Lights, Camerupt, Action".

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Lileep had a very brief role in the Hoenn fossil ep. I would fully support it getting more screentime, however.

Not counting Generation IV, which still has several Pokemon to debut, all previous Pokemon not named Porygon 2 have appeared in some shape or form. Jumpluff was owned by that clumsy Jenny who was searching for Phanpy's egg. Ampharos was showcased with Jasmine. Flaaffy arrived late, but was owned by the Fishing Master in the Whiscash ep. Natu had its own filler in Johto and Spinda had its own filler in Hoenn. And Lanturn was owned by that scrawny kid in the Lugia arc.

Jimbobson

Piplup Master
Has Arceus had an appearance yet? neither has Phione i dont think.
Grimer was DEFINATLEY shown, i remember the ep as if it was just yesterday!

Dia406

Totally not gay!
Have we ever seen Girafarig? I remeber seeing lanturn somewhere. I never did get to see Natu.

Sprock

girafarig has appeared several times. morrison had one, and it even got its own episode back in johto.

yah...I also believe porygon 2 is the only one not to appear. of course, there's a bunch of 4th gen ones, but that saga isn't even halfway over yet.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I don't remember seeing grimer, lanturn, natu, flaffy/ampharos, jumpluff, and spinda in the anime.

- Grimer was showcased in " Sparks Fly for Magnemite "

- Laturn was owned by Silver the Lugia's friend.

- Natu was showcased in " Doin' What Comes Natu-ally ".

- Flaffy was owned by the Trainer of the day in " A Chip off the Old Brock "

- The Gym Leader Jasmine owned Amphy.
It was also owned by the Trainer of the day in " Those Darn Electabuzz ".

- Jumpluff was seen in " Bulbasaur, The Ambassador "

- Spinda was showcased in " Going for a Spinda "

Have we ever seen Girafarig?

Girafarig, one of my favorite Pokemon, was owned by Morrison in the Hoenn League and Lucian of the Sinnoh Elite Four. It was also seen in the intro battle of Movie 3. It was showcased in the episode " Psychic Sidekicks ".

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
OK, let me now list the pokemon yet to have a significant appearance on the show in an episode (those who are anti-spoiler probably shouldn't read this)

Jirachi, Latias, Latios, Porygon2, Grotle, Monferno, Infernape, Empoleon, Kricketot, Luxio, Bastiodon, Cherrim, Shellos (Blue), Gastrodon (Either), Drifblim, Lopunny, Purugly, Skuntank, Gible, Gabite, Skorupi, Finneon, Lumineon, Mantyke, Snover, Abomasnow, Magnezone, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Magmortar, Togekiss, Yanmega, Leafeon, Glaceon, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Dusknoir, Froslass, Rotom, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Mananphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus

Some of those have guaranteed appearances with gym leaders or evolve from pokemon already on the show. I woder how the remaining lgendaries will ever be worked into the show, as all the other legendaries had a show appearance at some point.

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
As I was reading the list of Pokemon in this topic, I was like "Who the heck are these Pokemon?". x_x Just goes to show they don't have enough screentime.

Anyways, I'm pretty dang sure that Shedninja has yet to appear. Don't remember seeing it.

PDL

disenchanted
Anyways, I'm pretty dang sure that Shedninja has yet to appear. Don't remember seeing it.

It appeared during the Togepi arc in Hoenn, Misty fought it with a flamethrowing (?) gyarados.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
The Only Pokemon I can Think that hasnt Appeared on American TV is Barboach, but it did have its own Filler in Hoenn, But other than that Somewhere down the line the Past three Generations have showcased every Poke in their Respective Dex's

Half the Pokemon said Wre in at least one Forgettable Filler so I dont blame you guys for not remembering them