• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you know any good paranormal or creepy urban legend stories?

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
I have a good kinda creepy urban legend that I discovered recently. It's the legend of Philadelphia's bus to nowhere or otherwise known as the wandering bus.

It is said that this mysterious bus appears out of nowhere and will only appear to those that are in despair and have lost all hope.

Those who get on the bus notice the driver that never shows his face. The bus ride is eerily quiet. No one says a word and seems unaware of each other's existence.

It is said that those that ride the wandering bus are left in a trance. The only way off the bus is to reflect on what caused you great despair. Only when one realizes that not all hope is lost, they are able to snap out of the trance, pull the cord, and leave the bus.

What's more strange is that the bus leaves one off at the very spot they caught the bus, no time has passed and no one can remember hardly anything about the bus ride or where it even went.

Some say there are still people riding Philadelphia's bus to nowhere.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Oh wow! Definitely sounds like the teacher's spirit was trying to tell you something!

Yea it was. Was a bit surprised by it... but it's stuck with me even after all these years. Wish that I could have helped them.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
There is an old legend I have heard about a dragon named Etermalden that is made of the skeletons of teens who killed themselves to get away from their parent's authority. It it steeped in hot poison and its skin is a shiny black color and it's eyes are blood red and look as if they are on fire. From what I have heard this dragon awakens when children get in trouble with their parents and comes to Earth from Hell and eats people uncontrollably while burning down everything around it! It uses its giant poison stinger to inject testosterone cyanide compounds into people and then it gobbles them down headfirst! It also breathes fire hotter than the sun according to what I heard! It's super scary!
I'm wondering if this was Eternatus' inspiration. I mean skeletal poisonous dragon with red eyes whose name starts with "Eter"

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Here in Chicago we have an urban legend that is fairly famous so maybe some have heard of it already, but it's the story of Resurrection Mary. Mary was walking home from a party when she was hit by a car outside of Resurrection Cemetary she was buried at that same cemetery but people say that you can still see her walking down Archer Ave in a white dress trying to get home. Sometimes she will try to flag down cars for a ride but people that stop are never seen again.

My mom said that she and my dad were driving along that road once and they saw a person matching that description, (not hitchhiking, just a woman in a white dress walking along the cemetery's perimeter) my dad wanted to stop but my mom said she wouldn't let him. XD

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Dont believe what he says. He probably made this story up. I've heard the name Etermalden before and it's probably one of his fan fiction Pokemon.
it's possible, checked it up and it doesn't seem to come from anywhere

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Here in Chicago we have an urban legend that is fairly famous so maybe some have heard of it already, but it's the story of Resurrection Mary. Mary was walking home from a party when she was hit by a car outside of Resurrection Cemetary she was buried at that same cemetery but people say that you can still see her walking down Archer Ave in a white dress trying to get home. Sometimes she will try to flag down cars for a ride but people that stop are never seen again.

My mom said that she and my dad were driving along that road once and they saw a person matching that description, (not hitchhiking, just a woman in a white dress walking along the cemetery's perimeter) my dad wanted to stop but my mom said she wouldn't let him. XD
Oh yes! I've heard of Resurrection Mary. And I most definitely would not have stopped. I would have kept going!