• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you know people who like Pokemon, or are you the only one in your area?

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I know three in my area, two of those people in the area are on the forum, and I also know two at my school who aren't on the forum. Also, my two older brothers (one still the other not so much) like PKMN. Not bad really. A decent community.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Well. There's my best friend and serebii user, ponymon. Ummm the Chinese girl in my class, my friends at school. My cousin. Yeah! Plenty.
And. Someone. On. My. Street. I don't know who u saw them on the c-gear.
theyre all girls. I do not know in person a single guy who plays Pokemon.

EliJolesy

The only people in my area (which is an itty bitty town) I know of is my boyfriend and myself. Even though I was introduced to Pokemon through my cousins, as they've grown older they've stopped playing it. The only time we've seen Pokemon in the Midwest City area of Oklahoma is through people having like a Pikachu shirt or such, like once in a full moon.

I did however get really excited this weekend when I saw two totally separate people playing Pokemon at a winter guard contest.

Aelov

You're all so lucky, I'd love to have at least one. All everybody thinks about pokemon here is a "little kid's game." Its ridiculous, really.

Last edited:

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I know a few people, usually we talk pokemon, help each other out and enjoy the series for what its worth. even with the folks who stopped after gen I ;)

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
I have 2 friends, who are playing the games. They are 16 and 22 if I remember correctly.
They still buy the newest games like me. I also have a few friends who has played some of the previous games, and still thinks the franchise is good, they are just not playing it anymore.
Other than that, I don't really know anyone who likes the series. A lot of people think that it is childish to play and watch Pokémon, but they are seriously wrong. As you know, Pokémon can be very complex and deep in a lot of ways, especially the competitive invironment is something that children don't know anything about. And the concept and universe itself is extremely deep, but it is a waste of time to explain to people, because they don't get it anyway.

You can't be too old for something, if you really love it. If other people thinks you are childish, then it is their problem.
Fortunately there are a lot of forums on the internet like this, which are a perfect place for us Pokémon fans to be, because we understand each other and the deep Pokémon universe! :D

FallBird

I've loved Pokemon since I first started playing it, and back in the day, I had a pretty tight group of friends who loved it too. I went to a magnet school in elementary, so none of my friends were at the middle school I went to. NOBODY talked about pokemon there. I remember I asked this kid in sixth grade that I had sort of made friends with if she liked pokemon, and she stopped talking to me, so since then I pretty much just completely keep it to myself. What I think is funny is that in high school, when HGSS came out, I noticed people walking around with their pokewalkers like, almost concealed but not quite (I did a lot of errand running for my teachers, so I got bored and was real observant of the people around me). It kind of made me laugh. Then I came here to college last year, and it's so weird, because half the people I know just talk about pokemon. I mean, when BW2 came out, and I went to band practice, one of the tuba players literally brought his DS to the field and was complaining to his friend about how he couldn't find a Riolu. For some reason I'm still kind of scared to just say it in the open, but I guess you could say I'm not alone.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
i have my 2 siblings who like it, and my friend who i trade pokemon cards with.

ebevan91

I know a few people at college and that's it.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
I don't know anyone personally, but when I per-ordered pokemon X and Y the other month, I was told that there where a few people who have already done the same... so I know they are out there somewhere x3

Tearoma

I only know a handful of people who openly admit and discuss playing/enjoying pokemon (my boyfriend, a school friend, a girl I work with etc) but I truly think that there are a lot of people out there who love pokemon but are just too scared to admit it. Sometimes, in a gaming conversation, I casually start talking about Pokemon and it's surprising how many people respond positively. As soon as I break down that barrier they seem relieved. Of course sometimes I get negative reactions too, mainly from males I find, who think that the only games worth playing are COD and FIFA. xD

Rakurai

My older brother is pretty much the only person I know who's still into the franchise, and he's not nearly as big of a fan as me, generally picking up the latest gen for maybe a month or so before getting bored and moving onto something else.

I have some that are getting into it right now. Before, I only had about three friends who played it, but none of them liked it as much as I did. One of my friends is getting pretty knowledgeable about it, which I'm happy about. I'm excited for having more friends though, because now I won't have to buy both versions to play. Now my friends are all getting different versions and we're picking different starters.

SeiyruKazohu

I can haz poffin?
A few of my friends play Pokémon. Only me and one friend play it competitively though. And one of the girls I'm friends with is a hardcore Genwunner. She won't even talk to you about anything Pokémon unless from the original Gen 1. She has her mind set on that all other generations don't exist.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
As I've posted before, I used to live in an awesome Pokemon community.
Then I went to England, and even my brothers left the franchise. One of them watches for a few minutes when I buy a new Pokemon game, but that's it.