• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you know people who like Pokemon, or are you the only one in your area?

Haunter ゴースト

Some of you who have even at least one person to play are very lucky, trust me it really sucks having to either talk about the games on a forum, or go on the GTS to battle/trade.

I've gotten used to it now, i'm just curious on whether people are in the same boat or not. It's 50/50 by the sounds of it.

PokemonTrainerKaden

Everyone in my area loves Pokemon. We don't talk about it a lot, and it's not like a main focus or a huge hobby, but everyone admits to playing it and still loving it like they did when they were a kid.

Meeker

It needs a fence.
I only know one friend where I live that's into it, or that I know plays the games for sure. I live in an area surrounded by hicks, so what do you think?

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
In my case, I have heard that some of my friends knows to play pokemon, but they aren't like me, So I consider that I am the only one how like pokemon.

deh74

Seine Majestät
I'm the only person on my grade who still had even a vague interest in Pokemon, there was another person last year but then people found out that he still played bad things hastened, very bad things. do no one at my school will ever find out that i still played

TDawg

My friends grew up playing with me. They didn't get into it like I did, but they still whip their DSs and play every once in awhile. I take a crap on them when battling though, so they usually just don't bother me and battle each other.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
I know a lot of people who play Pokémon. It's hard not to when there are several leagues every day around here. Only one of them is for the video games, though.

I don't know that many who play the video game competitively, but almost everyone I know plays Pokémon in some way.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I'm the only one sadly.

Most of my friends gave up :(

StarSurgeX

☆ I'm The Captain
The question is pretty standard, do you have friends you know in person who likes the franchise still? Or have they grown out of it and you're alone.

For me i'm alone unfortunately, nobody i know actually plays it or likes the franchise. It's seen as something to take the piss out of nowadays, i keep the fact i still like the franchise to myself.

It's the reason i'm on Serebii actually. Anyway, what about you guys?

Well for me all my friends at my school like Pokemon, we battle and trade sometimes and my brothers like Pokemon but i think i'm the only one that's a true fan XD

VaironGod

Dunsparce>Arceus
I'm the only one of my irl friends who still plays Pokemon. My friends know I play Pokemon and I am sometimes, when I mention Pokemon, am joked about it.

I of course know people in my area who I don't usually speak to that play Pokemon.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
I have one really close friend, and my cousin, and a few other people I see occasionally who love it, but that's sorta it. Most of the kids I know have long grown out of it. Like 7 years ago I used to have a lot of friends that loved pokemon, but they grew out of it. And actually, I don't know in person anyone without aspergers who really loves pokemon and is over 12 years old (I know there are a lot of people like that on this forum, just none I've met in person). That includes me of course, I have it. So, yeah...it's just that so many people think it's immature and childish...and while I guess the anime could kinda be described that way (especially the unova saga), the games definitely aren't in my opinion! Not that I really care to be doing "immature" things anyway, if I like them :).

WNDR

I work at a large computer shop so out of the 30 or so geeky guys there a couple of them play, but we don't open discuss it in great detail, almost feels a bit taboo :/
But my brother loves t so we would battle/trade till he moved to uni recently
Now I only have my gf to pester to play but she's more interested in which ones look the prettiest

Last edited:

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
I know people to play Pokemon - it's nothing to be ashamed of, bearing in mind that Video Games are to society now what cars were back in the 1960's - it's just where we've ended up at, a society of gamers :p.

Keera

Eeveelution Fanatic
The only person that I know of that still plays is my best friend. Actually.. she still probably wouldn't be into it as much if it wasn't for me keeping the love of pokemon alive xD
I do know that several of my friends like pokemon, whether it be the anime or having played some games in the past, but I really can't think of anybody else who currently plays.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
About a fifth of my high school plays pokemon. I ****ing love high school.

I don't trade or battle with them on my ds though, I just use PO.

Last edited: