• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you know people who like Pokemon, or are you the only one in your area?

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
Almost all of my friends play Pokemon. A ton of people in my high school play Pokemon, and certainly aren't afraid to show it.

shadorai

wandering trainer
i have lots of pokemon playing friends, including my girlfriend.

Swagsire

A lot of people in my high school were closet pokemon players til me and 3 others started talking about it. Now its like everywhere I turn. Qwaa ;195;

im the only one in my area sorry

emogirl

Panda-chan.
There are probably more younger kids in my area than kids my age who play it, but I have a big enough group of friends who play Pokemon in some form and can talk about it with me, so I'm good.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
You're all pretty lucky...I mean I guess I am in a way too, but still....

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
My closest friend is a fan of the series but her DS broke so she hasn't played a game since Black. I also have a friend that I THINK plays the games, but I do know she really loves Ditto, but otherwise I know nothing. I also think there's one guy who's a fan, but otherwise most people in my area actually think Pokemon should have ended awhile ago which kind of ticks me off just because they don't give any legitimate reasons as to why.

~Kari~

I am the only person I know that likes Pokemon. All my friends say that Pokemon is for five-year-olds. :/

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
A lot of my friends play Pokemon, and based on the reactions to my Poke Ball hat, a lot more people at my school play or have played Pokemon.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
I am the only person I know that likes Pokemon. All my friends say that Pokemon is for five-year-olds. :/

That's a shame, I know what you mean. Well not so much from my friends, probably would be the case if I had more than 2 close ones though XD but yeah I've heard it way too much though....and whether they have a point or not, to them we say SKREW YOU! right? lol

Ytterbium70

DIE PEOPLE
Me and two out of my three other friends play, but not openly. My third friend is always talking about things, like what pokemon he think will be in Gen VI, his favorite pokemon/game/line and other stuff like that. I've heard it mentioned a few times, but no one openly talks about it

remybutton

My closest friend plays Pokemon with me, he plans to get Pokemon X while I get Pokemon Y. It's been this way since generation 3. Of course, I don't openly tell people I enjoy playing Pokemon, as I would be mocked for playing a "children's" game.

I know quite a lot of people who play Pokemon, but there are a few reasons why I never play Pokemon with them. For one reason, most of them only play the illegal versions on the computers and one even hacks into it to get rare items early in the game. Two girls I know like Pokemon, but they don't have any Pokemon games. The last boy I know who plays Pokemon legally and actually owns the games, annoys me sometimes. He criticizes me for using Audino and Cacturne, saying they're not good Pokemon to use, because of Audino's bad stats and Cacturne's six weaknesses. I don't agree to his opinion. My Cacturne is one of my strongest Pokemon.

Combo

Nobody, none of my friends are really even into gaming :/

My best mate knows I play it, and has just got an Xbox 360 (he's never got any money haha) but isn't interested in playing Pokémon at all. Have tried to get my gf into it but that's a no go too.. (although she's always nicking my 3DS to play Mario games)

It has been annoying me at the moment not having anyone to share gaming experiences with - I need to get a new job or something I work in such a tiny team, none of which have any interests I do... Meh!

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Being in my twenties, it's obviously going to turn heads when I reveal I ''still play Pokemon''. I'm extremely vocal about my adoration of the series though, and its gotten me in my fair share of respect and shenanigans the same.

I'm 100% alone in the ordeal today, but almost my friends back when I was in vocational school (all about drinking age) played Pokemon seriously. I was considered one of the more hardcore players due to my knowledge of EVs and such.

That said, I play Pokemon and openly admit to it: sure, some folks try to rip me for it, but they do it at their own risk. I remember picking up Pokemon Conquest from Gamestop and got a derisive laugh out my boy that drives me to work (30-year-old whose barely touched a console beyond the original Xbox)... @%#$ the laughter--Nene is hot!! XD

But seriously, I don't get mocked when I recall nonsense from Mario or Zelda; probably due to the fact the former's a critical part of gaming history...yet the moment I mention Pikachu or Dawn, my peers usually run screaming. I'll admit that as the years pass it gets tougher and tougher for me to uphold my adoration for Reshiram and Xerneas, but hey--that's why I joined this site. It sure doesn't stop Haydunn, Giancarlo11, or the Japanese public at large; so why should age or the idiocy of my peers stop me?

Besides, those who mock Pokemon fail to realize it's actually the second most successful videogame franchise in the world (iirc). Not every one of those fans are Elementary Schoolers; not by a long shot.

voninator

VONINATOR
I have a few of my friends that play but none know as much as me which is nothing compared to some of the people here. I can EV train but the IV throws me off a bit. I have all the guide books so that I can more easily help my friends since they always text me hey can you look this up for me. there is a club at my university but I haven't gone since its on Saturdays when I am always at work.

Laurelai

My daughter and I play (so I can hide behind her when we go to pick up special events HA!) but otherwise, I only know one person in my peer group who plays. We're admitted gamer geeks and talk openly at work about various games. When I was working on a shiny during lunch the other day, a crew member asked "Whatcha doin'?" I answered "Trying to hatch a shiny pokemon." Since they all know I'm a game nut, I didn't get any grief, but I did laugh as one guy responded "Ohhhh- *that* makes sense" :D

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
i have one friend who does like pokemon, unfortunately he doesn't know as much of the game as i would want to battle him.