• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you know people who like Pokemon, or are you the only one in your area?

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Everyone in my age group in my city and younger seems to like pokemon or hold some respect for it, 30 people play the tcg game because the rest of them are playing the video game because I've seen multipul people on transit playing pokemon on the way to league.

Last edited:

Unoin

I don't know if (and doubt) anyone in my area like Pokemon, but it would be nice to have a friend who is into it and who likes discussing it

ohjeezitskim

I'm fortunate enough to have quite a few people! My sister, for one. Who just got a boy on her bus to play Pokemon! It's been playing for a week and a half and he is on 99 already. He knew nothing about Pokemon and now is hooked on it!

My boyfriend, and his...our friends. They aren't as into it as I am, but it's better than nothing! They got pokemon decals for their DS's which I thought was weird because they rarely play pokemon... they only play when the someone is about to pass them in the story line or level.

I have about 3-4 other friends who play (still not as much as me :c)
as well as a couple of people who I went to school with that I know that play. About 5+

OH! I forgot about my friend Dave, he plays a lot, not sure if it's as much as me but he's working on a competitive team at the moment!

GreatGonzales

The Master
It's actually a strange case where I live. Currently I'm in high school, but a few years ago, if you said you played pokemon, you got made fun of. Because, you know, it's apparently for "babies". However, it would seem that now this isn't the case. It would seem that playing pokemon is now "cool". It is a bit irritating when I see all these kids talking about pokemon like it's COD and they've played it their whole lives, when they really just started playing the games because it's "cool" and actually don't know jack **** about pokemon.

But of hardcore fans who stuck it out all these years, I only know 3, not including myself.

Flame Mistress

There are these twins at my school who are both obsessed with Pokémon on the same level as I am (draws fanart, reads fanfiction, etc.). Unfortunately they're in the year above me so we don't really get to chat or anything, but they're still cool.

psychonerderer

my buddy just lost his job, so he figured it would the perfect time to pick up a 3ds. i told him black1 is the best possible re-entry point, as he hadn't played since blue. gengars and steelix for all! huzza!

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Sadly there is me and 1 other person in my area who likes Pokemon. It would be so nice if I had more fans to talk to.
Excluding the TCG leauge around here.

I'm sure there are a lots of Pokemon fans in Seattle, sadly I never met any of them.

In my home, my younger brother used to like Pokemon when he was 8 years old (along the way he stopped watching it), I was 14 or 15 at the time. Now, I'm the only one who even like Pokemon in my home, I'm not afraid, or embarrassed to admit, every time I drive the car, I bring one of my key chain plushies with me. At times i wear my Meowth T-shirt (just yesterday I ordered another PokeShirt) - so proud to be Pokemon fan, even if other people give me strange looks on the street.

Sum it up: I"m the only one in my home obsessed with Pokemon, I have not met any other fans in Seattle either.

Last edited:

-Nator-

My sister and older friend both like Pokemon, and they have several friends who they know through a league that also like it, so thankfully I'm far from being the only one in my area who likes it!

Everyone used to like it, we all played together at school. But now not so much. But I play a lot, and my brother plays a little.
I have an older cousin who probably plays even more than me and one of my best mates play it too. So a couple. Nobody plays anything other than the games though (no tcg).

Shadow XD001

My brother plays Pokémon. I know two people who also play and one just got White 2 and a 3DS recently! I'm hoping the other one gets Black 2 and 3DS soon. He mostly play Xbox. -_- I like to play it, too.

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
unfortunately not many ppl... luckily my neighbour plays pokemon and likes it :)

Xadium

Poliwhirl Enthusiast
I'm very lucky to have a brother that likes Pokemon as well as 6 or 7 friends that are fans of of the series. Of all those people, however, only 3 of them actually know things like EVs, IVS and whatnot.

hiyy11

T.E.G Member.
I must say I don't know anyone in my area, or age group of friends, that still plays pokemon. Although my friends know I play pokemon games, they dont care. Why should they?
The only person that does play is my Fiancee.. But yeah, does that count? :p

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I have a few friends who enjoy playing the Franchise, but not as much as me. Unfortunately, the majority of my friends hate the Franchise and consider it to be for little kids.

3D992

The Living Hologram
Ironically, I seem to be drifting away from pokemon while my 18-year old friend is a hardcore fan. Other than his little brother, everyone else I know frowns upon pokemon.

i have a few friends who play, n we battle alot, they only live about 15 minutes away so we do manage to play, we will prolly be in line when new game comes out

MurderofKrow

Bird Brain
I don't know anybody in my area that plays pokemon. My brother used to, but not anymore. So yeah I'm alone here.
I think the biggest reason I still play is because a lot of the pokemon look like animals and I'm a huge animal lover. :D